Ships Nostalgia banner

Lloyd's Registers 1799-1899

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  treeve 
#1 ·
Lloyd's Registers from 1799 - 1899 are now available online at The Internet Archive.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=lloyd's AND shipping AND mediatype:texts&page=1

How you view them is up to the user, but alternatives include an OCR text file, Online reading and search (on Google), as well as DjVu, etc. If you wish to have PDF downloads, at the bottom of the options list is a URL marked 'All Files:HTTP' ... a click on that 'HTTP' will take you to a page of links, including the stored PDF; A click on that will open Acrobat in your browser, and the file can then be stored under your own name of file. The link can be popped (right click save link) into a Download manager if wished. The files are not identified by year, most are identified on the second screen. Some will only be identified by year when the file has been opened as a pdf. The sizes range between 20Mb and 110Mb, so watch your User traffic for your monthly allowance. There are a 120 files in there, some repeats, as they have come from a number of collections.

As ever on this incredible archive - all files are for the private researcher and are NOT for commercial gain.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have not yet fully gone through them, but I have downloaded all of the pdf files, occupying 3.87Gb in total. It appears that the entire years are there. There are a lot of entries missing from local Shipping Registers; so from these I will be able to re-build missing Registers, damaged Registers and destroyed Registers. I hope they will be of use to other shipping historians.
Best Wishes, Raymond

#4 ·
After sorting ... initial list of missing years ...
1802, 1814, 1816, 1817, 1822, 1843, 1857, 1875,
1881, 1883, 1884, 1866, 1887, 1888, 1890, 1891, 1892, 1895.

I may find more incorrectly named filed and stored

They may be added later from another library collection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.