Ships Nostalgia banner

Greetings from Land-Locked Colorado USA

632 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  John Flanagan 
#1 ·
Greetings to all fellow Ship Enthusiasts:where ever you may be (Thumb) .

I managed to locate this site through my sub to Ships Monthly. It looks good and has the potential to be a powerful source of maritime information for the ship lover. I originally come from Cobh County Cork in Ireland. A lot of nautical history eminates from there. (Titanic, Lusitania etc.) Currently living in the US. My wife loves the mountains......I miss the sea!

I uploaded two photos today to get my contributions off the ground. I take a lot of my own shipping photography from around the world and will be introducing more to the site as time goes by. The pic of the Norwegian Star was taken from a water taxi in Mexico on the very southern tip of the Baja California. On average they had 4 cruise ships in port at Cabo San Lucas every day. They were mainly out of San Diego and LA.

HMS Liverpool is by far the fondest memory I have of my time in the Royal Navy. A great ship and brilliant crew during 1980 thru 1984. She is getting old like myself. Long may she live.

Looking forward to communicating with fellow members. (Pint) (Pint)

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the site.
There seem to be more and more of us ex-pats in the States joining the forum.

I am the opposite to your statement; I love the mountains and my wife loves the sea. We compromised and now live in the mountains of northern Georgia not too far from the sea.
I also know Colorado- lovely place!

malcolm

#6 ·
Thank you all for your welcoming comments from the far corners of the world (Aus) and not too far away in Georgia.
I was in Sydney for the Royal Australian Navy's 75th Anniversary in 1986, on board HMS Amazon (Type 21 Frigate). We were treated like kings. A great run ashore!!!

I am due a trip back there!!!!

G
#9 ·
Hi CR,

The web name is way to long for me to type and get right. (*))

Welcome to SN. Nice to meet someone from Colorado, that's where my paychecks come from. I work here in the UK for Echostar (Dish Network). We are a wholly owned subsidiary and among many other things do design and development work for some of their set top boxes.

Enjoy the site,

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.