Ships Nostalgia banner

3d

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete D Pirate 
#1 ·
Just think what models you can turn out if you had a 3D printer.Any one getting one for Christmas?

#4 ·
Honest to god I mentioned 3d printers once in passing to Mrs Satanic and she is monitoring my ebay movements again, it's the whole shrunken head thing all over again(Sad)

#8 ·
Another Old Boiler

This is a part model of a dockside boiler for the port of Toulon. It is taken from a drawing dated 1835. The barrel on the top is the steam space and below (front to back) is the furnace , water space and the smoke box. Of course that's the smokestack sticking up at the end there. There are steam valves to be placed and the furnace want's building. Oh yes, we must finish erecting the smokestack.
I got several drawings (in the public domain) from a ship modeling site which had many drawings of nineteenth century sail gunships and early steam ships. Is this a novelty for ship modeling enthusiast's ?

David

Attachments

#9 ·
I have an account with CPC Farnell for various bits and pieces from when I was in business and still use them now and again, they have some interesting printers. Prices do not include VAT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.