Ships Nostalgia banner

Bank Line Reunion

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Alan Rawlinson 
#1 ·
I have already asked where the next reunion is and the date but to no avail, will some one be so kind as to tell me where the reunion is plus the date and time and oblige an old Bank Liner.

Kind Regards

ianian

#5 ·
Bank Line Reunion at Bromsgrove This Saturday

If any of you Bank Line refugees is at a loose end this coming Saturday then you might want to consider a last minute call to reserve a place at the reunion.
Just heard by telephone from Farquhar Mackenzie of Dornie that he will be attending along with Terry McCreadie from Saltcoats/Irvine. Both were well-known in their days as Leckies on Bank Boats. Terry went on to become a Chief Engineer with Ellermans and Farquhar to become Lord High Provost of Dornie. Excellent chaps to sail with and to become lifelong friends of shipmates into the bargain. Wish I was there on Saturday!

#6 ·
If any of you Bank Line refugees is at a loose end this coming Saturday then you might want to consider a last minute call to reserve a place at the reunion.
Just heard by telephone from Farquhar Mackenzie of Dornie that he will be attending along with Terry McCreadie from Saltcoats/Irvine. Both were well-known in their days as Leckies on Bank Boats. Terry went on to become a Chief Engineer with Ellermans and Farquhar to become Lord High Provost of Dornie. Excellent chaps to sail with and to become lifelong friends of shipmates into the bargain. Wish I was there on Saturday!
We'll lift a glass or two to you Hamish.
Regards,
Ben Masey

#8 ·
Reunon wishes...

It's 4p.m. on the day of the Bank Line reunion, and many will be checking in to the hotel prior to the evenings festivities.

For those members and their partners having a sneak look at SN on their laptops or hand held devices, I wish you the very best for the evening, and some memorable times...

I will raise my glass here, and hope there are toasts tonight to ' absent friends and shipmates ' and also to ' those departed - sorely missed '

Please remember me to the ( dwindling) 1950's participants.

#9 ·
It's 4p.m. on the day of the Bank Line reunion, and many will be checking in to the hotel prior to the evenings festivities.

For those members and their partners having a sneak look at SN on their laptops or hand held devices, I wish you the very best for the evening, and some memorable times...

I will raise my glass here, and hope there are toasts tonight to ' absent friends and shipmates ' and also to ' those departed - sorely missed '

Please remember me to the ( dwindling) 1950's participants.
The absence of yourself and other Ships Nostalgia corresponders was noted and remarked on in the general report.
Those of us that went all seemed to enjoy the evening.
Ben Masey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.