Ships Nostalgia banner

FAO Old TEXECO hands

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MervynHutton 
#1 ·
Anyone out there remember Ben Harley, real name is Raymond Harley but always known as Ben.

He has retired now and has still got all his wits about him. I agreed to make a post on this sight and see if anyone remembers him. I think he sailed with Texeco for many years mainly as 2nd Steward. Interested to hear from anyone.

Mick S

#2 ·
hi to you mick i remember ben harley well i sailed with him a few times with texaco i was with him on the rotterdam and also the ghent he won a case of beer of me when southampton beat man united in the cup final i bet he still hasnt got his teeth in if i remember correctly he used to live in hamble i was either 2nd cook or chief cook when i sailed with him my nickname when i was with texaco was tube or taff say hello to him from me all the best peter

#6 ·
Ben will be made up when i pass this on Mervyn. I see him regularly, he's 69 now and he's a good mate. He finished his career as a Laundryman in the RFA. The other chap further back in the thread known as "Tube" passed away a few years back. His wife posted it on this site.
Mick S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.