Ships Nostalgia banner

hello from an old denholm cook!!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Varley 
#1 ·
just found this website as i have now been dragged into the 21st century!!

was with j.j denholm from 64-67, catering dept, and then joined glasgow police where i served for 30 years, now an admin officer with the procurator fiscal service.

does anyone know of any picturers of the mv inverewe?, as i served on this in 1967, this was my last ship,

regards
sandy

#6 ·
Welcome

Sandy,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, since there are plenty of us ex-Denholm members you may re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

#12 ·
Very interesting indeed. I was in the team that reviewed the plans for a new Ipper Lakes self unloader building at HHI in the mid-80s and had no idea that they had been clients at an earlier date as well. Note expressed scepticism about Inverewe's electrics on deck. Exactly one of my concerns on the later vessel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.