Ships Nostalgia banner

New Member Intro and Request ...

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Bob Fleming 
#1 ·
Good day,

Introducing myself, joined BPS in '71 as a deck cadet, presently in role as Chief Marine Incident Investigator in "the office". New team, new role, new job - we set out to deliver a no blame independent investigation into the root causes of incidents etc. Perhaps more on that later ...

Now, to my request. I am after good quality copies of photo's of "British Hussar" and "British Dragoon", the later without another vessel alongside during lightering. They are for special presentations to current sea staff.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks.

Bob.

#8 ·
Welcome to the site Bob.
Regret that I cannot help with hard copy photos of either vessel. There are a couple of the Hussar in the gallery but I would not want to print them off. If you're good with Photoshop then maybe you can do something with this one which is the better quality of the ones in the gallery:
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=101831
Do you not have access to BP's archives (which I believe are held at the University of Warwick)?
Kind regards,
John

#11 ·
British Hussar

Hello Bob,
I have a super photo of the Hussar which I could email to you, it's also in the site gallery but this one has been scanned at high res from a certain shipping magazine. My daughter who is a graphic designer helped me to remove the gutter shadow, as the photo appeared over two pages, and the text over the water.
Th Hussar was my first ship as cadet in 1969, and the one in which I learned how to chip, paint,tank dive and cement wash fresh water tanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.