Ships Nostalgia banner

Quick Snacks

29K views 79 replies 36 participants last post by  kevjacko 
#1 ·
Right then ladies and gents. Thought I'd start this thread off so folk can add to it and share ideas for literally a 'quick snack'. Last night after overstaying our welcome and abusing the hospitality (again) of the cherished landlords at our local hostelry, Mrs Kevjacko and myself at 2am decided we needed food before retiring for the remainder of the evening. We are due to shop today so the fridge was pretty empty therefore ingredients limited. This is what I knocked up.

Fried up a handful of chopped mushrooms in butter and garlic

Toasted a few slices of bread on one side

Spread mushrooms evenly over untoasted side of bread

Topped with a good handful of mature Cheddar cheese

Sprinkled a little Worcester sauce over the top

Grilled until cheese melted and starts to golden

There you go. Quick easy takes no doing and just makes a change from bog standard cheese on toast. Anyone got quick n easy snacks they either have regularly, or knock up when under the influence, and think 'hey that works'.

See less See more
#77 ·
One to many quick snacks last night boys. Crawled in from the pub at 3am and in my state of inebriation cocked an eye at the cold kebab lying on the kitchen bench one of the kids must have bought and not eaten last night.
Now two things here boys n girls, for starters it's a bad sign when your staggering home AFTER your kids who have been out on the sauce themselves. Secondly to demolish their donner kebab a food which you normally wouldn't touch with a barge pole is a sad indictment of your condition, and REALLY I should know better by now.(Cloud)

#78 ·
Sounds like nowt's changed in Geordieland, Kev. We Downunder, on the other hand, cower under the stairs until the wife staggers through the front door at 4 AM, burns some toast, throws up in the kitchen sink and flakes out somewhere. Too dangerous to upset the routine. Enjoy it while you can, Feminism is going to reach you eventually.

John T

#79 ·
Haha John, your missus and mine seem to have a few things in common.(Jester)
Only prob now is in the bright sunshine of the day can't really go out in car till after dinner, I'm probably still over the limit.

#80 ·
Here's a gud un.
Half the quantities if you want.
I took,
6 x skinless chicken legs (use breast if you want)
1 x onion
1 x packet of fajita spice mix
1 x tablespoon ground ***in
1 x tablespoon paprika
1 x tablespoon ground coriander
4 x cloves garlic
1 large jar of tomato passat

Chopped the onion and sweated it off in a saucepan with all the spices for 5 mins. Then add the tomato pasta
Put the chicken legs in a slow cooker, poured all the sauce in and cooked for 4 hours.
After 4 hours remove the chicken legs allow to cool slightly then remove all the meat. Purest back in sauce cook for a further hour.
Sprinkle with cheese
Serve with wraps or nachos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.