dave perry - Ships Nostalgia
10:42

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
Log in
User Name Password

dave perry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10th February 2007, 22:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,332
dave perry

does anyone remember dave perry left m l and joined denholms as mate good guy kev.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10th February 2007, 23:32
donaldb's Avatar
donaldb donaldb is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
My location
Posts: 136
Yes. I remember Dave Perry when he was in Manchester Liners. Its a long long time ago though.

Don
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11th February 2007, 00:02
Gulpers's Avatar
Gulpers Gulpers is offline   SN Supporter
ex-Denholm Moderator
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1972 - 1981
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
My location
Posts: 11,242
Kevin,

Dave Perry - yes, I remember that name - I definitely sailed with him but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember which ship it was!
__________________
Ray
. . . . A closed mouth gathers no feet!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11th February 2007, 00:13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulpers View Post
Kevin,

Dave Perry - yes, I remember that name - I definitely sailed with him but I'm ashamed to say I can't remember which ship it was!
i think he came in on the box boats as mate then went master he was a realy nice guy many a laugh i had with him angus macaskill and old john mac donald on eurofreighter kev.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11th February 2007, 18:33
xdenholm xdenholm is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
yes i worked with capt perry when he was with denholms ,in the office setting up spare gear inventory after the muirfield was sold , when denholms found out after they sold her she had £1millon in spares onboard he also sailed on the reefers lomond and maree ALSO MET HIM ON THE TROLLS
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16th February 2007, 19:13
Stephen J. Card's Avatar
Stephen J. Card Stephen J. Card is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by muldonaich View Post
does anyone remember dave perry left m l and joined denholms as mate good guy kev.


Sailed with David when he was Master in LOCH LOMOND back in '79. Good fellow indeed.

Last time I bumped into him he was master on one of the Cool Carrier reefers ... SPRING DELIGHT, in drydock in Falmouth... about 1989.

He would be mid 60s now I guess so probably retired.

The 3/0, Colin Parker, on the LOMOND used to call David 'Perry Buoy'! Colin, BTW is Harbour Master up in Aberdeen for several years now.

One of the cadets on board that trip was Niel Kempsell is now a senior lecturer up at the Edinburgh College of Art.... a fine artist and cartoonist in his own right.

Stephen
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19th February 2007, 11:32
xdenholm xdenholm is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Card View Post
Sailed with David when he was Master in LOCH LOMOND back in '79. Good fellow indeed.

Last time I bumped into him he was master on one of the Cool Carrier reefers ... SPRING DELIGHT, in drydock in Falmouth... about 1989.

He would be mid 60s now I guess so probably retired.

The 3/0, Colin Parker, on the LOMOND used to call David 'Perry Buoy'! Colin, BTW is Harbour Master up in Aberdeen for several years now.

One of the cadets on board that trip was Niel Kempsell is now a senior lecturer up at the Edinburgh College of Art.... a fine artist and cartoonist in his own right.

Stephen
capt dave perry was a gentleman stephen,i had many a bar lunch with him while working in the denholms office with him and many a laugh which some old men dont know how to..lol. think we got luncheon vouchers then, remember them?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19th February 2007, 15:28
Senior Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1973 - 1991
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 302
He was on the Vancouver Forest as Mate when I was first trip Eng Cadet July - Dec 1975.

Very nice bloke, treated cadets well.

Neil MacIver was Old Man!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:20
jasmacpm jasmacpm is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1979 - 1983
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
My location
Posts: 583
Hi, I believe he may have also been skipper on the Exxtor 1, late 1983, when she was raised from Miami harbour and taken over by Denholm Bermuda. She ran from Miami down to Guatemala and Honduras. What a wreck!
I didn't get to know him well, as I was only on her a couple of months ,but he was very kind and understanding to me, as a struggling, newly made 3/0.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10th July 2011, 12:08
R791974 R791974 is online now
Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1964 - 1980
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
I sailed with Dave on the "Manchester Exporter" (ex Cairndhu) in the mid 1960s, he was 2nd mate, O.N.D. Sellwood was mate and Capt . L.C. Taylor was the master. I was an apprentice along with Brian Davies,he always had time to explain things and act as mediator when required. Pleased to hear he went on to be master.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10th July 2011, 15:52
randcmackenzie randcmackenzie is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My location
Posts: 1,212
Muirfield Spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdenholm View Post
yes i worked with capt perry when he was with denholms ,in the office setting up spare gear inventory after the muirfield was sold , when denholms found out after they sold her she had 1millon in spares onboard he also sailed on the reefers lomond and maree ALSO MET HIM ON THE TROLLS
Where on earth were they?

The Chief, Andy Scott, came to me in some distress saying ' The super wants us to throw away all that scrap in the workshop....

But that's our spares'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paddle Tug Tom Perry Robert Tugs 5 12th November 2008 14:14
Looking for Dave Faulkner Bartman Looking for Old Shipmates 0 31st December 2006 02:41
Henry G Perry Henry G Perry Say Hello 8 15th November 2006 21:52
Dave Platt - ex Jebsens. Moulder Looking for Old Shipmates 3 26th August 2006 22:13



Search the net with ask.com
Support SN
Ask.com and get


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.