P&O Brochures - Ships Nostalgia
01:04

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

P&O Brochures

Old 18th September 2007, 18:55

P&O Brochures

Does anyone recall a P&O brochure which had the heaing "Run Away to Sea With P&O ???

Best wishes Wil
Old 18th September 2007, 23:33
Super Moderator

P&O Advert

Will
If you go to my Gallery http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/galler...hp/photo/13571 you will find a copy of the advert.

Fred
Old 19th September 2007, 00:18

Very mant thanks Fred, found it ok, and now have it printed

best wishes Will
Old 9th September 2008, 07:03

I,ve just sat scrolling through the history of the P and O absolutly fasinated by it. It brought back so many memories. I lived in Barrow-in- Furness for many years. As a child I lived in Devinshire Buildings, they looked over the wall into what was known as The Top Yard of Vickers Armstrongs, I remember looking out of the bedroom window at the Strathallan as she was being built on the slipway. [ if I remember correctly the late King George and his wife [before he became King] launched the Strathallan then freed the toll on Walney Bridge] Tha Chusan , Himalaya I remember well.I served an apprentiship as a Fitter and Turner in Vickers and worked on the Orsova and have photos of her leaving the fitting out berth at Barrow. Then when I came out of my time I sailed on the Orcades, started as 3rd Frig, and ending up as senior 4th before I left to sit for my 2nds ticket, but thats another story. I intend to read it again just incase I missed something tomorrow

Last edited by orcades : 9th September 2008 at 07:08. Reason: spelling