Fishing Prints - Ships Nostalgia
06:12

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Fishing Prints

Old 10th January 2008, 20:50

Fishing Prints

My grandfather James More Horsburgh recently died but left behind a great legacy of art. His prints can be viewed on www.morehorsburgh.co.uk along with a brief summary of the man. Please do take a look into a world of another era.

Last edited by marcyh : 11th January 2008 at 06:21.
Old 11th January 2008, 01:22

James More Horsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyh View Post
My father James More Horsburgh recently died but left behind a great legacy of art. His prints can be viewed on www.morehorsburgh.co.uk along with a brief summary of the man. Please do take a look into a world of another era.
I have heard a great deal about your father from one of his Burghead cousins.James More,who sadly passed away a few years ago in his eighties.James was the son of John and Mary More.Doorie Cottage,Burghead.and of course,if they were still with us,a warm welcome awaited people tonight 11th.January at Doorie Cottage,as it is Clavie night.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:29

My father remembers a James More coming to the house quite a few years back,was he working on a dredger at some time? A dredger came to dredge Pittenweem harbour and a relation of my grandfather was working on it. He was definatly a More. Are you some relation?
Old 11th January 2008, 16:11

That would have Ian More,He worked on the dredger Shearwater,he would have been Dotty Mores son.Ian is now around 66.I am no relation but have always been a friend of the family,since my young days.Dotty had Ian.Ralph and Billy.Ian and Ralph still live in Burghead.Alas Billy who lived in Hopeman passed away in the summer.
Old 12th January 2008, 12:47

Burghead relations

My Aunt, Moreen, telephoned and left a message for Bill and Greta More, just after my Grandad passed away. But that was the only telephone number she could find in her Dad's address book.
Old 13th January 2008, 00:04
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1973 - Present

sorry to hear that More had passed away , Moreen would have telephoned Billy and Greta More at Burghead , they left for Hong Kong on dec 29th to visit their daughter , I have just learned the sad news from SN site , presently on a ship off Angola , I am of the same Mores / different family , last in past to visit More about two years ago , when he signed a couple of his pictures for me , that I had bought in Pitenweem .