Ncl - Ships Nostalgia
11:11

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Ncl

Old 27th May 2008, 20:02

Ncl

Maritime Matters Reports that NCL have admitted a guilty plea in Florida for the Norway Explosian in 2003 a have been fined 1 million USD and ordered to pay 13 Million USD compensation to the dead and injured crew.

Paul
Old 7th June 2008, 21:16

I found a video clip on you tube of the Norway at the time of the boiler explosion.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:47

you really need to google up the NTSB report on that incident. It details an amazing story of ignorance, malfeisance, stupidity, and perhaps a measure of deceit. After reading it you will have a hard time believing that any major shipping company could have rolled the dice and continued to operate her without major repairs (or even minor maintenance such as water treatment and maintaining boiler feet) in the face of so many emergent boiler issues. It's fascinating readng.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:09

hopefully this will be the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6194Dce804
Old 13th June 2008, 14:03

Absolutely appalling. Such reckless behavior by NCL. Mind you, they are not averse to flouting environmental regulations when disposing of ships, so no surprise I suppose. Certainly not a company that will ever get my pound.
Old 13th June 2008, 20:51

Or mine Phil they are really pushing the Norwegian Gem from Southamptonat the moment.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilColebrook View Post
Absolutely appalling. Such reckless behavior by NCL. Mind you, they are not averse to flouting environmental regulations when disposing of ships, so no surprise I suppose. Certainly not a company that will ever get my pound.
Old 6th December 2008, 15:52

After having sailed on 18 NCL cruises (7 times on NORWAY) I will NEVER step foot on another one of their vessels. They have proved to be at best, deceitful and outright Liars! I can only wonder what is in store for UNITED STATES... NCL is a total disgrace! The only sad thing for me is that I shall greatly miss "Freestyle" cruising...
Mike @ Sun Viking