john fraser - Ships Nostalgia
23:20

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

john fraser

Old 30th September 2008, 22:27

john fraser

i was looking through the posts just now and saw john frasers name i think i sailed with a few years ago on the ben hope ? i was catering boy at the time steve s
Old 1st October 2008, 22:22

Steve summers

Hi Steve.
you guessed right.its me still on the go. I heard from a local here that you were on the standby boats.
John Fraser
Old 1st October 2008, 22:50

steve/john fraser

well well john its been a few years since we sailed together aye its right enough i have been on the stand/by boats i have been
working the agencies for the past couple of years and i have been on just about every type of boat in the north sea i am cook and also do the ama thing if its stand by i was hearing that you are ch/stwd on a boat in the far east to do with the oil is that right or are you taking it easy yet steve
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:02

Hi John,
Is Dutchie stilll around ?? What about Bob Mac Govern,Tony etc. I never forget the Cadet running to me and saying to me what a beutiful lady was going down the gangway !! I agreed with him until he came dock level and hnew who it was in the mini dress.
Billy- Benarty Singapore

Last edited by EBenarty : 3rd October 2008 at 22:28.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:28

My location
Billy, What Bob McGovern you talking about,was he from Thurso??
Old 4th October 2008, 20:03

Bob McGovern

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBenarty View Post
Hi John,
Is Dutchie stilll around ?? What about Bob Mac Govern,Tony etc. I never forget the Cadet running to me and saying to me what a beutiful lady was going down the gangway !! I agreed with him until he came dock level and hnew who it was in the mini dress.
Billy- Benarty Singapore
Hi Billy and Willie.
Thats the one Willie,think he was a boy with Jimmy Macdonald in the Royal Bob was from Thurso.I sailed with a cousin of his on the Seaway Explorer who told me that Bob works with BT in Inverness.Each time I am in Inverness I look around for him,even today.but knowing Bob I don,t suppose he frequents the shops. Billy if Tony is still on the go he must be about 76. I have lost all track of most of the Ben Line crowd but they sometimes pop up.From the Lawers I meet Willie Wood AB and sometimes Davie Goodbrand but haven,t seen him for some time.I had a birthday last week Billy but there was no cargo brand Royal Salute or Tanqueray Gin.only common Grouse.No idea if Dutchie is still kicking around,didn,t get on with him anyway.Had a walk down Leith last time home looking into the ABs haunts but none to be seen.
One I don,t know where he is, is Billy Sinclair,where are you hiding when you are at sea Billy.?
Old 4th October 2008, 22:15

My location
The same fellow John,I met him early this summer in the Shandwick Inn no far from Invergordon,Robbie i knew him by at the school,think he said he was working with BT.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:35

fit like Billy

We are heading into Invergordon next week for a 40 day refit, it wont be the same as it was when we were with Jebsens, We dont get shore leave now,
Eric fae the Broch
Old 16th October 2008, 16:50

Inverggordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitlike View Post
fit like Billy

We are heading into Invergordon next week for a 40 day refit, it wont be the same as it was when we were with Jebsens, We dont get shore leave now,
Eric fae the Broch
Hi Eric.
I.ll wave as you pass the Broch (Burghead) Mind and look out. Lol !!!
No shore leave there will drive you crazy.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:21

fit like John

Remember the Baker and his brother that was on the Gloe with us, can you remember there names??
Eric Cardno
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:41

Hi Eric.
The baker and his brother were Bruce & Garry Smith from Huntly.Bruce I believe had a bad accident on the St.Clair or one of them a few year back.maybe Bob Easdale knows about it as he went there.Did you reach Invergordon I waved but you didn,t see me. Lol !!!!
At present in the Gulf of Mexico and will be home just before Christmas.Tell George Bowie to buy you a Chrtistmas drink from me.I am getting your jokes regular to cheer me up.I need it this week,we have a cook that can,t cook.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:45

I will have a word with Bob, I see him a lot at home, he is some guy.
I am due home this week, I am due back to the rig on the 18th December for Xmas & New Year,
have a good Xmas & new Year
Eric Cardno