Glenfarg - Ships Nostalgia
15:26

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Glenfarg

Old 23rd November 2008, 10:05

Glenfarg

Hello,
Does anyone out there know anything about a vessel called the SS Glenfarg? I am pretty sure this is the spelling,could be Glensarg i suppose.I am researching a postcard sent from Japan during the Russo-Japanese war & the person who sent it was on board this vessel in June 1904.
Steve
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:10

My location
Steve, Firstly a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Secondly, all I know about Glenfarg is that she was a British Passenger/Cargo Steam Vessel of 3,647 tons built in 1894 by London & Glasgow Eng & Iron Shipbuilding Co, Yard No 279 for McGregor, Gow & Co., Glasgow. She was powered by a steam triple expansion engine 445nhp. Engines by Shipbuilder. In 1911 she was acquired by the Glen Line Ltd. On the 14th August 1914 she ran aground and was wrecked while carrying timber from Kuchinotsu to Shanghai near Shirose Lighthouse, Gola Islands.

Mark
Old 23rd November 2008, 10:15

My location
Having done a bit of research, I see that she sank without loss of life, which is very good news.