Looking for Ken Rankin - Ships Nostalgia
00:47

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Looking for Ken Rankin

Old 6th August 2009, 02:00

Smile Looking for Ken Rankin

Can anyone put me on the track of Ken Rankin please? I have been trying to find him since I last had dinner with him on board the ss Arawa in Auckland,
New Zealand, in the early 1970's. Lynlie and I would love to catch up with him once again. We operated our home property as a B&B for some thirty years and met up with many retired sea-dogs this way. One of them knew of Ken, and said the last they had heard of him was when he was shorebound in Hong Kong. Does anyone have contact details?
Ken, if you are reading this, please post a message! And, once again, sorry about the paperwork!
Cheers,
Rick.
Old 6th August 2009, 22:09
gadgee gadgee is offline   SN Supporter
Super Moderator
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1966 - 1979

Ken was Chief Officer with me on Northern Star in the summer of 1973. Unfortunately that was the last time I saw him, so cannot help with your enquiry. Perhaps somebody else will!!
Old 10th August 2009, 08:44

do you have any more clues. there is 66 Ken Rankin in the UK phone book, most in Scotland, age, home town etc. A letter to the Dominion helped me find an old friend after over 40 years so it can be done.

try www.192.com .
you can also now access non-British phone directories, so they claim and I did find a number in France that way
good luck
John
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:10

My location
Ken Rankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.H.Clark View Post
do you have any more clues. there is 66 Ken Rankin in the UK phone book, most in Scotland, age, home town etc. A letter to the Dominion helped me find an old friend after over 40 years so it can be done.

try www.192.com .
you can also now access non-British phone directories, so they claim and I did find a number in France that way
good luck
John
I also sailed with Ken on the Northern Star. Check with the SSL Society, Graham Pepper but I seem to recall he died some years back, I amybe wrong though.