Mackay Bennett Cableships - Ships Nostalgia
14:18

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Mackay Bennett Cableships

Old 26th August 2009, 17:36

Mackay Bennett Cableships

Hello,
Yet another new member after info.I`m chasing down my wife`s ancestors and being ex-RN I have an especial interest in the mariners, of which there are at least three that I have found., One joined RN in 1902 as a stoker,died on the Ajax 1923,I`m waiting for his death cert to see cause of death.A second joined RN in 1806,applied to be a Greenwich Out-pensioner in1834,I`m awaiting details of that from n.archives.The third served on cable ships in the early decades of the 20th. century.This one I`ve hit a brick wall with.
His name was Alfred amor Dicks,served on the Marie Louise Mackay,and may have been on the Mackay Bennett and that`s about it except for a group photograph of the officers,no names of ship,place or men.They`re in whites so it was taken in the Med or tropics.Any snippet of information would be appreciated.This is my first real post,hope I haven`t been too longwinded.

Cheers. Shiner.