Ships Nostalgia banner

Canberra Steam Whistle

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Pompeyfan 
#1 ·
If any member wishes to hear Canberra's old Steam Whistle you can do so over on SN sister site The Cruising Forum.

I recorded this myself when leaving Hong Kong in 1972, and you can hear all the other noises of leaving port including tugs engines and whistle, and my voice! on http://www.thecruisingforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?goto=lastpost&i=&p=288

It would be nice to have more people listen to this wonderful deep sound the likes that you will never hear again. I was able to upload it to The Cruising Forum thanks to a machine I now have that transfers cassette tape to CD. I recorded it after buying a Sanyo Music Centre in Yokohama and dangled the microphones out of my cabin window.

I am not urging SM members to join The Cruise Forum(link below) but I am a member of both even before becoming a moderator on TCF, because both sites have something to offer the shipping enthusiast. TCF has the same owner and admin as SN as well a myself as Mod. We cover past liners as well, myself writing a 'line voyage' diary on Canberra as well as uploading her whistle. We cover ferries as well. I is not just modern cruise ships.

So if you would like to hear a real ships whistle, please have a listen?.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.