ship Bellagio - Ships Nostalgia
06:24

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

ship Bellagio

Old 12th November 2010, 20:28

ship Bellagio

Would anyone have any information of Steamship Bellagio attacked by German sub 27th July 1917 off Southampton. In 1900 it was under the banner of Lamport & Holt but when it was torpedoed it was operated by Forest Shipping Co. Ltd London. This ship was eventually salvaged but I cannot find who in 1917 actually owned it. Would anyone have any information other than I have deemed from the Uboat website.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:53

She went to Italian owners in 1913 and renamed APOLLINIA, torpedoed and sunk on the 1st Mar 1917 near Flamborough Head, is this the same ship?
Old 25th November 2010, 10:02

Thanks for replying, but no I do not think this is the same ship. At the time of the salvage her name was Bellagio. She had been torpedoed on 27th July 1917.