Sony A450. - Ships Nostalgia
06:22

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Sony A450.

Old 3rd January 2011, 18:02
Knoxy

Question Sony A450.

Just a few quick questions I have a Sony A450 with Sony 18-55mm and 75-300 mm lenses,Tamron 55-200 mm lens and a Jessops 360AFD Digital Flashgun. Just wondering if there is any particular things I need to keep the kit all clean and scratch free.As i am still an novice with DSLR any helpful tips would be very helpful.
Second thing I was wondering about is lenses for portrait photography so far since I got my camera in late august 2010 I have mainly been focusing on marine photography but have since took an interest in portrait photography and i have heard about prime lenses being of better quality than the zoom lenses anyone got any suggestions for a cheap lens for portrait photography. Keeping in mind i'm still at school and am only 15 a nice cheap lens would be good for me.
Thanks in advance
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:22

Hi Euan,

I use Canons myself but the rules for keeping cameras clean are pretty standard across the board. I always keep a sigma lens cleaning cloth in my bag along with a blower brush. I also carry a bin liner (usefull to cover camera if it starts to rain). I also have an artic monkey cleaner but keep it at home.

You may consider placing either a uv or skylight filter on your lenses as a precaution against scratches (cheaper to replace than the lens). As for the lenses for portrait its not really my field but my nephew does a lot and gets some fantastic results useing zooms. My advice would be learn to walk before you run it can save you a lot of money.

I have taken a look at your website and I must say you have some good shots there well done.

Good luck with your future photography and hope the above info helps you.

Regards.
Graham
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:27

Hi Euan,

Just had a thought take a look at the link below fantastic website with some helpfull and knowledgeable members you will get all the info you will need on there.

http://www.dslruser.co.uk/

Graham