Cruise Ship Diaries - Ships Nostalgia
14:10

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Cruise Ship Diaries

Old 27th January 2011, 12:54
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1966 - 1987

Cruise Ship Diaries

Although the Costa Serena is beautifully fitted out and well staffed with 1000+ staff & crew the series so far has not inspired me to take a trip with Costa. I've watched the STV episodes, apart from the dreadful voice over that appears to be directed to kindergartens, I feel some of the entertainment panders to the lowest common denominator. What do you think? Would you sail on the Costa Serena?
Old 28th January 2011, 12:09
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1965 - 1972

My location
The emphasis seems to be mainly on the entertainment staff who always seem to be at panic stations or having some personal drama. Not an engine room in sight. The engineers only get a mention if something breaks down in the public areas and then it is the Chief or ETO who gets a brief starring role. The bridge has a little exposure. The Captain and Chief Steward seem to have leading parts as they pop up all over the ship. I am not inclined sail in her after watching the series.