Sailor Beware! - Ships Nostalgia
10:49

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Sailor Beware!

Old 24th March 2011, 01:47

Sailor Beware!

Fresh from the "Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum" Department:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226027017305
Old 31st March 2011, 08:24
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast

My location
OK, so now some politician needs to do is investigate Vice-Admiral Crane, and the staus quo will return.
Whilst I would never condone "inappropriate sexual behaviour" between non-consenting adults.
When you get ashore after a hard, taxing, stressful 'voyage', everyone needs to de-stress. And preferably that is not by shooting loads of innocent people, like some Americans seem to.

Proud to be a Kiwi Janner
Old 1st April 2011, 02:00
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1965 - 1973

What will the world commentators now do when they can no longer use that hoary, old, disparaging and yet, apparently perfectly acceptable (in an otherwise insanely P.C. world) phrase, "Carrying on like a drunken sailor."
I've heard it used umpteen times by politicians and newscasters and nary a word of dissent from anyone. Telling folks you're waiting for the fat lady to sing will get you fifty lashes, though. Politicians shagging each other on the Speakers desk while consuming tax payer provided drinkie-poos is, apparently, hunky dory. It's the hypocrisy of it all that gets up my nose.
barrinoz.

Last edited by barrinoz : 1st April 2011 at 02:10.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:28
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast

My location
Sailors are sailors, and hopefully, for everyones benefit, will be for many years to come.
I sem to recollect that politicians (English specifically) havedone much more bizarre things in the past, without long winded comment

Proud to be a Kiwi Janner
Old 14th October 2011, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrinoz View Post
What will the world commentators now do when they can no longer use that hoary, old, disparaging and yet, apparently perfectly acceptable (in an otherwise insanely P.C. world) phrase, "Carrying on like a drunken sailor."
I've heard it used umpteen times by politicians and newscasters and nary a word of dissent from anyone. Telling folks you're waiting for the fat lady to sing will get you fifty lashes, though. Politicians shagging each other on the Speakers desk while consuming tax payer provided drinkie-poos is, apparently, hunky dory. It's the hypocrisy of it all that gets up my nose.
barrinoz.
Well said Barrinoz!
Mick S