Ships Nostalgia banner

tev wahine

8K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Scotch Boiler 
#1 ·
hello all from syndey i want to build a model i have drawings and stuff.were can i get some photos or any more info on her from???i went back home last week in lyttelton nz and got some plans but sadly not any photos i have check the gallery here there were three good ones.anyinfo welcome thank you matt

(Thumb)

#6 ·
scale 1/8 foot about a dining table size round 6 feet long i have plans shell expansion and general plans all decks. lines and body plans. and profile.just in the drawing stage now as i have posted a photo of my rangitira model on this site.anyway i will post photos when time permits.cheers matt

#16 ·
Hi all I am new to this forum. Most of my life was spent in the Royal Australian Navy which included exchange duty with the Royal New Zealand Navy. I have joined this group as part of my quest to find out more about the NZ TEV RANGATIRA which I saw discussed here in this WAHINE thread. My aim is to be a working model of that beautiful ship which I saw at sea and entering/ leaving harbour. My biggest need to locate a set of ships hull line drawings but any other pointers from the model makers would be most appreciated. Cheers David

#19 ·
I remember the Wahine disaster and seeing her in the harbour over near Eastbourne I was on a train going to Wellington from Lower Hutt. My friend's Uncle is a Wahine surviver and he is still alive. He was working on her.

I can still see her in my mind's eye from that day.

#25 ·
Hi Steamship, I joined Wahine about April '66, did the sea trials, then we left Greenock for NZ in June but turned back after about 24 hours because of a condenser fault. It took about 24-36 hours to replace the faulty condenser tubes then we sailed again. I don't remember dry docking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.