Convoys ww2 Burma veteran - Ships Nostalgia
13:00

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Convoys ww2 Burma veteran

Old 3rd June 2011, 19:54
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast

Convoys ww2 Burma veteran

Hope someone can help. My Father was in the RAF and posted to SE Asia 17/07/44 . He was at RAF Wilmslow in Cheshire at this time and would have gone to Liverpool to join a troopship to Worli in Bombay , India and arrived sometime in September of that year.

He was returned to England in November 1945 from either Singapore or Rangoon to his Home establshment in Cheshire .

Is it possible to find out what troop ships would have sailed at these times both to and from England ?

All contributions welcome . Many Thanks.
Old 4th June 2011, 13:30

My location
It is possible the ship your Father sailed to Bombay in was the P & O Liner 'Mooltan', which was an R.A.F troopship, and left Liverpool for Bombay 17th July, 1944.
The following may be of interest - http://www.wrightsunited.co.uk/AM.aspx

Dennis.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:06
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast

Thanks Dennis . This has to be it. I am writing about my Dads War time service and am really thrilled. Incidently , just checked my facts re last post . My Dad was in Saigon in November 1945 when he was sent back to England . I don,t know if there were any Troopships from there of whether he had to pick one up in Singapore , Bankok , Rangoon or even Calcutta , Bombay ? You've done so well already , do you have any thoughts on this. Many Thanks Nick
Old 5th June 2011, 17:54

My location
Click HERE for more on troop convoys.