Ships Nostalgia banner

Hello from Sheffield via Selby via Sunderland

951 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Eric H 
#1 ·
New boy. Have finally worked out how to get onto this site, looks good

#3 ·
Welcome Eric, very interesting profile as I am a Selebian then went to sea on Doxfords (originally)Swan Hunter & Wigwam Richardson. Served my time with a firm of Hospital Engineers in Leeds and did my day release with a few of the lads from Cochranes, one from the Drawing Office - Gareth Griffiths - who went to sea and was a while with Bank Line and then Hoegh Ugland Car Carriers. I ended up here in Venezuela, though try to get back to Selby once a year - even if it is just to have one in Cochranes Wharf to remember those days. Thanks for hacking off 40 years - even if just for a few moments. Kind Regards, David Wilson. PS. Memory Cells just reactivated, Peter Coates, ex MN was at the yard I think.

#10 ·
Thanks for reply. Yes Peter Coates was at the yard until it closed in 1992 as engineering drawing office manager with reponsibilities for engine acceptance and ship trials We are still friends and both worked for IMT Marine when the yard closed, this being a scottish consultancy who asked me to set up an office in Selby to use the experience of ex Cochrane personel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.