stewardess overboard - Ships Nostalgia
05:48

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

stewardess overboard

Old 18th August 2011, 16:46
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1969 - 1973

Question stewardess overboard

I was on the SA Vaal early seventies stewardess went over board (I think)between canaries and cape town(gulf of guinea) did i dream this .
Frankie Howard was the entertaiment for that trip ?????????????
Not the passenger already mentioned in some threads and not the stewardess who went over board in port elizabeth.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:25
Super Moderator
Department: Engineering
Active: 1952 - 1965

Seems it was a common event on the Union Castle.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:31

My location
Didn't they like Stewardesses then?

"There is no such thing as a bum note...I only take the opportunity to expand the transcendental vibrations to explore the lesser known highways and byways of musical theory! I find it best to play it loud...that way no one can say you did not mean it!" Dorothy Willows

Currently testing: www.cable962.listen2myradio.com
www.yellsoundfm.listen2myradio.com
Old 26th August 2011, 12:13

My location
She was a stewardette and worked in the dining saloon ,word had it that she had lost custody of her childrenand as she was going out with one of the store keepers, he took her to the leading hands mess to drown her sorrows (no pun intended) Round about 2am, we were called to emergency stations to find who was missing as it wasn't known who had gone over the side. samdar
Old 26th August 2011, 13:24
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1969 - 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdar View Post
She was a stewardette and worked in the dining saloon ,word had it that she had lost custody of her childrenand as she was going out with one of the store keepers, he took her to the leading hands mess to drown her sorrows (no pun intended) Round about 2am, we were called to emergency stations to find who was missing as it wasn't known who had gone over the side. samdar
Hi Samdar this sounds about right.
I worked in the dining saloon and made friends with this girl in a local close to the dock in southampton before we sailed but if i remember as it was a long time ago! I seem to recall us having a drink in a cabin one session. then the strewardette never reported for duty .she was a liverpool girl can you remember her name, what ship it was on? and roughly the date I assume you was on this ship.
Thanks for the reply .charlie
Old 27th August 2011, 10:02

My location
HI Charlie, I was a BRS on A deck(the longest passenger deck) it took swiveleye Lloyd 2 days to inspect it , one side outward bound, the other homeward. I,m sorry but I can't remember the stewardette,s name and I don,t remember Frankie Howard ,he would have been up on O deck wwwwwith the chief BRS and Stewardess.It must have been 1965,I left the VAAL february 1966. Hope this helps SAMDAR