Highland Pioneer & trader - Ships Nostalgia
02:35

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
Log in
User Name Password

Highland Pioneer & trader

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19th October 2011, 11:23
Compass Rose Compass Rose is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 119
Highland Pioneer & trader

I have noticed that the Highland Pioneer has left Liverpool Bay area where she has been working for a few years, she has moved up to the Moray Firth area and has been replaced by the Highland Trader.

Could any member explain why this move would be, just curious thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20th October 2011, 10:39
Burned Toast's Avatar
Burned Toast Burned Toast is offline  
Catering 1958 - 2007
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1958 - 2007
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,314
Pioneer on way to Denmark according to AIS?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:58
Scott L's Avatar
Scott L Scott L is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8
Highland Pioneer was handed over to new owners Blue Star Line (the Danish one!) yesterday (21/10/11) in Odense, Denmark. I believe they intend to strip her out, fit DP2 and use her for windfarm support. The [considerably younger]Highland Trader takes over the Liverpool and Morecambe Bay production support charter for BHP Billiton & Centrica for 5 years.
__________________
Scott
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:33
Compass Rose Compass Rose is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 119
Thanks Scott & Burned Toast for the reply, will have to keep an eye out for some photo's is she comes into Liverpool.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 8th November 2011, 21:15
Mick styles Mick styles is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Highland pioneer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
Highland Pioneer was handed over to new owners Blue Star Line (the Danish one!) yesterday (21/10/11) in Odense, Denmark. I believe they intend to strip her out, fit DP2 and use her for windfarm support. The [considerably younger]Highland Trader takes over the Liverpool and Morecambe Bay production support charter for BHP Billiton & Centrica for 5 years.
Hi Scott, I am now retired.was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.Have been trying to get in touch with Charlie but keep getting number not available.Give my regards to the lads.Mick
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11th November 2011, 08:04
Treborvfr's Avatar
Treborvfr Treborvfr is offline  
Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1974 - 1986
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick styles View Post
was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.
I'm in Centrica's Morecambe field, speaking to one of our Control Room guys yesterday I'm led to believe the crew from the Pioneer are now on the Trader.

Bob
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15th November 2011, 21:41
malcolm doherty malcolm doherty is offline  
Member
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 2010
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 26
highland pioneer

mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass Rose View Post
I have noticed that the Highland Pioneer has left Liverpool Bay area where she has been working for a few years, she has moved up to the Moray Firth area and has been replaced by the Highland Trader.

Could any member explain why this move would be, just curious thanks
Yea i was on the highland sprite and the H/Pioneer run out of heyshem to morecambe on supply to the platforms. vroon offshore got the contract and the rest is history
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19th November 2011, 23:36
louismacleod louismacleod is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick styles View Post
Hi Scott, I am now retired.was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.Have been trying to get in touch with Charlie but keep getting number not available.Give my regards to the lads.Mick
Hi Mick,
ONLY Scott and myself transferred.Believe Charlie was on the sick,when he was on leave.Don`t have his number but possibly Scott would have it somewhere,
All the best , Louis
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21st November 2011, 14:45
Mick styles Mick styles is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by louismacleod View Post
Hi Mick,
ONLY Scott and myself transferred.Believe Charlie was on the sick,when he was on leave.Don`t have his number but possibly Scott would have it somewhere,
All the best , Louis
Cheers for that Louis.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29th November 2011, 22:59
louismacleod louismacleod is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Still on the Smooth i see Mick !
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS Highland Heather MaryButt Say Hello 5 11th July 2009 18:39
MCA delighted by ' Highland Emergency ' documentary ( FishUpdate ) Gavin Gait News and Views from the Shipping World 0 5th August 2008 01:13
New Oji Pioneer Tonyd Bulk Carriers 1 13th November 2005 12:06



Search the net with ask.com
Support SN
Ask.com and get


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.