P a r s e e - Ships Nostalgia
18:29

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

P a r s e e

Old 9th January 2006, 02:06

P a r s e e

"P a r s e e " sailed from the U.K. on the 14 January 1873 and arrived in Auckland on 7 May 1873.
Does anybody has more information or a suggestion to find more about this vessel and the migrants/crew she carried?
Jan
Old 9th January 2006, 22:28

My location
Hi Jan,

Not sure if you found these already - if so sorry.
This link gives a book reference which apparently has a picture: http://www.nzmaritimeindex.org.nz/ix...=&refid=&hit=1

This site has some more meaningful stuff about the ship and this voyage: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...ls/p****e.html
(you will have to replace the *s bit with the name of the ship - the stupid filth filter on this site has removed this thinking it rude
Good luck with your research!
Old 9th January 2006, 22:36
Ships Lookout
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1979 - 1986

My location
I dont think the filter on the site is stupid at all, it saves me and the moderators chasing around the site deleting ********s posts, which for young people and old alike can be quite offensive.
Old 9th January 2006, 22:46

My location
Fairy Snuff Steve,
I will withdraw "stupid" and replace it with "over-zealous". I think this subject has been done to death already and appreciate that the keepers of the site have to make sure nothing too offensive is on public view. I have had to set this sort of filter up myself on IT client sites so know the score and legal situation. No offence meant - just frustration.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:10
Ships Lookout
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1979 - 1986

My location
we have tried to do without it, but you always get one moron who joins and then uses the site to swear and show how clever he is, so im afraid we are stuck with it, i agree it can be frustrating, imagine how the honourable member from s****horpe feels.Members dont see how many join the site to spam or annoy we delete most of them at registration.
Old 10th January 2006, 04:54

Thanks Brian, the info was for a friend and I meanwhile passed it on, hopefully he can get more out of those websites.
Jan