Hendon Tech MAR DIP 1 (Sept '56) - Ships Nostalgia
20:24

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hendon Tech MAR DIP 1 (Sept '56)

Old 8th January 2012, 00:34
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1956 - Present

Hendon Tech MAR DIP 1 (Sept '56)

First 'Alternative Training Scheme' Course at this College, (Now Middx University) commenced Sept '56
I was interviewed for entry at Acton Tech (via Esso) but got diverted to Hendon's initial course. Still keep in touch with Chris Guy(ex Port Line) Colin Busby and Gerald Brown (Shell) Colin Fordham & Lionel Clover ,D.L Morgan(BP) Regretfully , 'Tosher' (Alexander Duncan TOSH) died of Altzheimers some 4 years ago in Q'land, and Dai Morgan is currently 'Terminal' . Once spoke to Roy Stopher(BP) in Soton, some years ago. Ian Saunders(NZS) was here in NZ (in Shipping Corp and Rail Ferries)
LenT
Old 12th January 2012, 01:55
Active: 1955 - 1962

Hi Len,

I was a 1955 BP Engineering Apprentice at Acton Tech. I'm, sorry to tell you Roy Stopher died 2002. AD Tosh was a 1956 BP EA at Hendon, but did not know he had died
I also know DL Morgan. John L Whiting is still around.
I'll send you a shipsnostalgia Email .

Graham Wallace
Old 12th January 2012, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenT View Post
First 'Alternative Training Scheme' Course at this College, (Now Middx University) commenced Sept '56
I was interviewed for entry at Acton Tech (via Esso) but got diverted to Hendon's initial course. Still keep in touch with Chris Guy(ex Port Line) Colin Busby and Gerald Brown (Shell) Colin Fordham & Lionel Clover ,D.L Morgan(BP) Regretfully , 'Tosher' (Alexander Duncan TOSH) died of Altzheimers some 4 years ago in Q'land, and Dai Morgan is currently 'Terminal' . Once spoke to Roy Stopher(BP) in Soton, some years ago. Ian Saunders(NZS) was here in NZ (in Shipping Corp and Rail Ferries)
LenT

Obviously, sorry to hear of Roy. He was/or had been a non-exclusive surveyor for DnV . Tosher had been Senior Ship and Engine Surveyor for Lloyds . Dai obtained his Extras, MIMechE and a Business Management degree before a brief sojourn with SS&A and the MOT and subsequently became the Business Manager for "The Institute" Have replied to your e-mail with other stuff!!
LenT
Old 12th January 2012, 17:58
Active: 1981 - 2003

My location
Sailed with Colin Busby in CNCo, a gentleman and one of the finest Chief Engineers I have ever met.

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)
Old 16th January 2012, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan112 View Post
Sailed with Colin Busby in CNCo, a gentleman and one of the finest Chief Engineers I have ever met.
Colin and wife are still going strong in Perth. I was in UK from mid Feb last year coming back to NZ at end of April. So, I just missed him in UK. Last time I saw him was I think on the Chitral!! in Wtn. Stalky ex SSA was there
Old 16th January 2012, 17:31
Active: 1981 - 2003

My location
That was where I sailed with Colin (And Stalky) lost touch with Stalky unfortunately, got his email last year but no reply.

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)