missing ex-rmas vessels. - Ships Nostalgia
11:42

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
Log in
User Name Password

missing ex-rmas vessels.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 18th February 2012, 18:06
roofaerosyth's Avatar
roofaerosyth roofaerosyth is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1987 - Present
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
My location
Posts: 1,873
missing ex-rmas vessels.

ok guys.once again im asking for your help.ive posted queeries before on the gallery (without any joy) about the whereabouts of pointer A188.ex rosyth dog.sold 1993 ish to pointer marine holland but that is the limit of the info i have.nothing since then. the other one im after info on is ex-rmas cricklade(fleet tender)A381.rosyth marine services bought her from the mod in 1997 at the great harbour.rms sold her a few years back to someone down south who had plans for a conversion on her.(converted to what i dont know).but nothings been heard of her since.as usual , any info will be most welcome .cheers guys.
__________________
dinnae ask me . i only get paid fae the neck down !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20th February 2012, 04:47
cryan's Avatar
cryan cryan is offline  
C Ryan
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 401
Could this be it Roo? its got the HIAB?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flatfoot471/3899826229/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20th February 2012, 08:39
WillieG WillieG is offline  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 146
Pretty sure this one is the HEADCORN, guys.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20th February 2012, 20:23
roofaerosyth's Avatar
roofaerosyth roofaerosyth is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1987 - Present
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
My location
Posts: 1,873
i dont know.not sure.roo
__________________
dinnae ask me . i only get paid fae the neck down !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21st February 2012, 16:39
Waighty's Avatar
Waighty Waighty is offline   SN Supporter
Senior Member
Department: Deck
Active: 1966 - 2009
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,177
Roo, how about posting the your original request on the Mess Deck forum? See if that gets anything re Pointer. By the way if you go on the RFA Nostalgia website there's a big RMAS section of photos there so maybe they're on there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21st February 2012, 17:50
RetiredPMSO RetiredPMSO is offline  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofaerosyth View Post
ok guys.once again im asking for your help.ive posted queeries before on the gallery (without any joy) about the whereabouts of pointer A188.ex rosyth dog.sold 1993 ish to pointer marine holland but that is the limit of the info i have.nothing since then. the other one im after info on is ex-rmas cricklade(fleet tender)A381.rosyth marine services bought her from the mod in 1997 at the great harbour.rms sold her a few years back to someone down south who had plans for a conversion on her.(converted to what i dont know).but nothings been heard of her since.as usual , any info will be most welcome .cheers guys.
It might be worth your while to think about joining the World Ship Society and contacting a Dave Sowdon. Dave was the PAS/RMAS guru of that Society.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21st February 2012, 21:32
roofaerosyth's Avatar
roofaerosyth roofaerosyth is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1987 - Present
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
My location
Posts: 1,873
aha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waighty View Post
Roo, how about posting the your original request on the Mess Deck forum? See if that gets anything re Pointer. By the way if you go on the RFA Nostalgia website there's a big RMAS section of photos there so maybe they're on there.
good idea mike.will do.ta.roo
__________________
dinnae ask me . i only get paid fae the neck down !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21st February 2012, 21:39
roofaerosyth's Avatar
roofaerosyth roofaerosyth is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1987 - Present
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
My location
Posts: 1,873
double aha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredPMSO View Post
It might be worth your while to think about joining the World Ship Society and contacting a Dave Sowdon. Dave was the PAS/RMAS guru of that Society.
im going to do that as well.cheers pmso.roo
__________________
dinnae ask me . i only get paid fae the neck down !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27th February 2012, 22:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 119
Cricklade sighted at Hull on the 27.11.11. See comments with your picture. Cheers Tony.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29th February 2012, 02:11
roofaerosyth's Avatar
roofaerosyth roofaerosyth is offline  
Senior Member
Organisation: Tugs
Department: Deck
Active: 1987 - Present
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
My location
Posts: 1,873
cheers for that tony.roo.
__________________
dinnae ask me . i only get paid fae the neck down !
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The RFA, RMAS, PAS?? Hendo! Royal Fleet Auxiliary 35 11th September 2010 17:25
Hi from an ex RMAS man kevin barber Say Hello 7 6th June 2010 16:43
fate of missing sailing vessels SteveT Ship Research 1 31st January 2007 01:13
Vessels of 1950 missing Aristo Ellerman 16 11th January 2007 09:19
Ex-RMAS Salmaster neillrush Royal Fleet Auxiliary 0 22nd October 2006 09:22



Search the net with ask.com
Support SN
Ask.com and get


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.