Hello from Erimus - Ships Nostalgia
01:38

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hello from Erimus

Old 20th February 2012, 10:38
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast
Department: Office / Administration
Active: 1958 - 2010

Hello from Erimus

I'm a new kid on the wharfside.....a retired Chartered Shipbroker and Transport Consultant who had 52 years in the Industry covering port agencies in North East & Humber ports....nearly 20 years as Vessel Scheduling Controller based in London and many years involved in Bonded & Commodity Warehousing/Distribution etc.

geoff
Old 20th February 2012, 10:40
Bilge Rat
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1963

My location
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer
Old 20th February 2012, 12:16
Super Moderator

My location
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich
Old 20th February 2012, 15:03
Super Moderator
Department: Engineering
Active: 1952 - 1965

Greetings Geoff and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:01
Gulpers Gulpers is offline   SN Supporter
ex-Denholm Moderator
Department: Navigation
Active: 1972 - 1981

My location
Smile Welcome

Geoff,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. *
Old 20th February 2012, 23:14

Thanks all....

Gulpers, we got blown off our feet in Beaumaris a few weeks ago!! We were staying at Henllys..

geoff
Old 21st February 2012, 00:16
duquesa duquesa is offline   SN Supporter
Department: Deck
Active: 1953 - Present

My location
Hello from Erimus

Lord, how many times did I curse you for sending me repeatedly to Seven Islands or Wabana. Six days submerged across the N.Atlantic. Welcome ��
Old 21st February 2012, 03:35
gdynia gdynia is offline   SN Supporter
Super Moderator
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 2010

My location
welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage
Old 21st February 2012, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by duquesa View Post
Lord, how many times did I curse you for sending me repeatedly to Seven Islands or Wabana. Six days submerged across the N.Atlantic. Welcome ��
Cripes...memory must be going, I'd forgotten about Wabana!!

geoff
Old 21st February 2012, 10:23

Welcome Erimus .... Just curious "Erimus" (We will be) is the motto on the coat of arms of Middlesbrough ... Any connection?

I too am a BISCO victim of Sept Iles and Murmansk, but Monrovia with its excellent Seamen's Mission, and the piece de resistance, Vitoria, made up for everything - obrigado. Glasgow was OK too, Jimmy.

John T
Old 21st February 2012, 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotterdotpom View Post
Welcome Erimus .... Just curious "Erimus" (We will be) is the motto on the coat of arms of Middlesbrough ... Any connection?

I too am a BISCO victim of Sept Iles and Murmansk, but Monrovia with its excellent Seamen's Mission, and the piece de resistance, Vitoria, made up for everything - obrigado. Glasgow was OK too, Jimmy.

John T
Yes John...spot on, I am originally a Boro lad,born and bred.....I normally use 'shipbroker' as my handle on forums but it was already taken when I joined this week...so didn't think Erimus would be in use.

Incidentally the Shipping Community,locally on Teesside, raised a significant amount of cash for survivors of the Boxing Day Tsunami 2004....this money was used to provide a new fishing boat and tackle for one of the islands and this was named 'Erimus' too...

rgds
geoff
Old 21st February 2012, 23:03

Thanks Geoff. Just read in one of your posts that you worked for Constantine's. Pretty sure their office was in Borough Road, opposite the college and in front of my old school, Middlesbrough Tech. Ron Stringer has an entertaining yarn about his time on a Constantine ship ("Lochwood" I think).

Well done 'Boro for raising the funds for a fishing boat. Which island did it go to?

My son went into the sea at Redcar for the Boxing Day Lions' dip in 2004. My niece was taking photos just as the Tsunami reached the North Sea and the saltwater ruined her suede boots. Another victim - she was livid!

I see from your profile you've moved "up" to Northallerton. Don't think they sell your favourite bacon butties in "Betty's Tearooms". I've been trying to persuade a Cheshire friend to try Betty's on his trips to York, Harrogate, etc, but he can't seem to drag himself past any Sam Smith's house.

John T
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotterdotpom View Post
Thanks Geoff. Just read in one of your posts that you worked for Constantine's. Pretty sure their office was in Borough Road, opposite the college and in front of my old school, Middlesbrough Tech. Ron Stringer has an entertaining yarn about his time on a Constantine ship ("Lochwood" I think).

Well done 'Boro for raising the funds for a fishing boat. Which island did it go to?

My son went into the sea at Redcar for the Boxing Day Lions' dip in 2004. My niece was taking photos just as the Tsunami reached the North Sea and the saltwater ruined her suede boots. Another victim - she was livid!

I see from your profile you've moved "up" to Northallerton. Don't think they sell your favourite bacon butties in "Betty's Tearooms". I've been trying to persuade a Cheshire friend to try Betty's on his trips to York, Harrogate, etc, but he can't seem to drag himself past any Sam Smith's house.

John T
John, Yes Constantine's,then, HQ was York House opposite the College. I had gone to school next door to 'the Tech' at Hugh Bell so I knew it well too....I have no interesting stories about any of their fleet as on the rare occasion they came into the Tees it wasn't the Junior Shipping Clerks that made the calls but 'the suits'......

Have never ever been in Betty's......not my sort of place I'm afraid.

geoff