Carronpark - Ships Nostalgia
10:49

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Carronpark

Old 28th February 2006, 04:06
allanc allanc is offline   SN Supporter

My location
Carronpark

Carronpark visited Geelong several times early in her career, possibly on her maiden voyage. On that occasion she loaded bulk wheat at the Grain Elevators Pier, then topped off with bagged grain at the Cunningham Pier. This was extensively reported in the Geelong Advertiser, as was the custom when noteworthy ships were in port. I have tried for the first time to scan an image from a photo from the collection of Mr. Bob Sharp, who photographed almost every ship that called at Geelong in those days. Many years ago he gave me a few packets of his rejects, many of which are quite good images. The attached thumbnail is my second attempt, I will keep working on it. Bob, if by any chance you see this please give me a call.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carronpark copy.jpg (84.8 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by allanc : 5th March 2006 at 04:30. Reason: Replacing thumbnail,again.
Old 5th March 2006, 04:33

My location
Now that I have managed a more reasonable image from one of these old Box Brownie 120 photos I will post quite a few more, I have plenty, including some I took with my first camera! The problem is finding the time to do it often enough to become proficient.

Last edited by allanc : 5th March 2006 at 08:50. Reason: Clarification
Old 25th March 2006, 11:12

My location
40' Work Boats

Also of interest in this photo is the line handling boat, which is standard 40' workboat, built in large numbers during WW2. A few of these were used by the Geelong Harbour Trust in the early 50s.