Eyemouth Boat Building Co - Ships Nostalgia
01:15

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Eyemouth Boat Building Co

Old 27th May 2006, 22:51

Eyemouth Boat Building Co

Hi, have just found this site tonight. What a great site. Am busy with a long term project researching boatyards between Gourdon (by Montrose) and Berwick on Tweed. Currently busy with Eyemouth BBC. Of the 41 fishing vessels built there, i have tracked down pics of all but two. They are 1967 build Star Divine II LH449 (later BF47), and 1969 Heatherbelle II LH27 (later Hazael FR368, then ME47). Can anyone help out with these two? cheers, Graham
Old 27th May 2006, 23:11

Hi-Grahamtowa,try the Fishermans,Mutual,-Association,in Eyemouth,the'll put you in touch with the skippers,Jim Aitchison(Heatherbelle) and Jim Wanko (Star Devine) hope this can narrow your field GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 27th May 2006, 23:29

Smile

Thanks, Bobby,
Jim aitchison died about a month ago, although I gather it was his brother John who had the Heatherbelle built. I spoke with Jim Vanko today, and he doesn't havea photo of Star Divine. I will try the FMA next week.Cheers
Old 28th May 2006, 00:30
danube4

My location
Grahamtowa. Found pic of Star Divine. Have you Answers com, on your Computer?
Barney.
Old 28th May 2006, 21:57

Thumbs up

hello, was it yourself who emailed the link to me? If so, that is the first Star Divine BK47,built 1955 at Eyemouth.
The one I am looking for is Star Divine II LH449, built 1967 at Eyemouth.
Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated when someone goes out of their way to help.
Old 4th June 2006, 20:23

My location
Star Divine

Hi Graham,There was a Star Divine in our fleet which came from Eyemouth,she caught fire and sunk if i remember around early seventies and i know Jim Vanko had her at one time.
Cheers,------------Wully
Old 5th June 2006, 19:26

hi, wully, that was the first Star Divine, built 1955 as BK47, later WK16.
Its Star Divine II that I'm looking for,built 1967 as LH449, later BF47.Cheers anyway, tho.
Old 28th June 2006, 13:02

Star Devine

Hi Graham
Just been looking through some threads, and i see you were looking for a photo of the Star Devine,mabye you have got one, anyhow i checked through some pics that i bought a few years ago and have found one of the Star Devine LH 449.would that be the boat you are looking for it is rather dark but you are welcome a copy,it has 1967 written on the back
Yours Alwyn
Old 28th June 2006, 20:12

That's the one that I'm looking for, Alwyn. Thanks very much. I'd love a copy. The only pic i have found is of the boat a few years later, when it was Banff registered, and I wanted one with the original Leith registration.
Do you have my address or email address? I don't remember if i included it with the cd that I sent.Many thanks, Graham
Old 4th July 2006, 14:49

Hi, Alwyn,
Star Divine II came sailing thro my letterbox today, many thanks. The pic is in Eyemouth harbour, which is perfect. Could not ask for better! If I can help you in any way, just give a shout.....cheers, Graham
Old 14th August 2013, 16:44
Department: Office / Administration

Hello, I found an old message from you. I am the owner -skipper of Delphis a 1989 build Inchcape from eyemouth Boatbuilding Co.
Grtz Philip
philjo@telenet.be