Ships Nostalgia banner

Mega Express 4.

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  proud_ionian 
#1 ·
Did anyone get a photo of the old "Spirit of Tasmania III" at/leaving Melbourne as "Mega Express 4"? Would be interesting to see what Corsica Ferries did to her livery after they'd taken delivery.

------------
Mike.

#5 ·
G'day Jan -

What a shame you didn't know about her - one would expect that all they did was paint out Spirit of Tasmania with hull-red on each side, maybe paint out the logos on the funnel and change the names/registry fore and aft. I think I read somewhere that she'll be painted blue in Corsica Ferries service?

Best regards,

Mike.

#6 ·
Hello everybody!
I know that the next port-stops are Singapore and Suez. Actually I don't know the arrival port, maybe Genoa (I hope!). She'll enter in service November, the 6 between Toulon and Corsica then, from December, the 23, on Leghorn and Sardinia.
Mike, can you tell me where you read about the blue paint of Mega Express Four? Many thanks,
Matteo

#8 ·
Hello Mike
She past my way off the Central Coast of NSW on Thursday evening the 11th heading north and there was no visible change in her livery. Mind you there was quite a sea running with a southerly and rain squalls but the “Spirit of Tasmania” was still visible and not painted out.

Ron

#9 ·
Ron -

Thanks for the info - she was in Gladstone on Sunday evening 11th., so presumably you saw her on Saturday evening 10th September? Maybe the Tasmanian Government asked Corsica Ferries not to change her livery so as to take the "Spirit of Tasmania" back to the Mediterranean - bit of free advertising, I suppose!!

----------
Mike.

#11 ·
Matteo -

Many thanks for the link to the photograph of the name change for "Spirit of Tasmania III" - it looks as if they couldn't have done it cheaper if they'd tried!!

However, have found the reference to the blue hull for "Mega Express Four" - it's in the August 2006 journal of one of our nautical associations here in Australia, wherein it says that "Spirit of Tasmania III" was expected to enter drydock in Sydney in August for the refitting of her previously damaged starboard stabiliser "and emerge with a blue hull in the new owners' colours".

It is obvious now, for whatever reason, that the hull repaint didn't occur!!

---------
Mike.

#15 · (Edited)
I have posted in the gallery some pics of Mega Express Four, taken a couple of days ago in Savona. She still has the Spirit of Tasmania livery.
In about a week she'll be in Genoa, where she'll spend some days in drydock. The Corsica-Sardinia Ferries livery will be painted in Genoa.

During the winter she will operate from Toulon (France) to Ile Rousse (Corsica).

In 2007 she will undergo an internal/external restyling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.