Capt Doug Robinson - Ships Nostalgia
17:15

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Capt Doug Robinson

Old 31st October 2006, 21:45

Capt Doug Robinson

This skipper was time served from Hartlepool and was a young Master with West Hartlepool Steam Navigation. I served virtually all my time under him and often wondered what became of him. I served sort of 1978 to 1981. Cracking bloke if anybody knows him out there. Cheers Steve.
Old 1st November 2006, 12:02

My location
Greetings

I was a "Steam Navvie" apprentice 1963 ~ 1967 (Kepwickall and Apsleyhall) and sailed with Dougie Robinson briefly when he was a last year apprentice sailing as uncert third mate and again in my next nautical incarnation with Souters (Sheaf Tyne) when he was Second and I was Third Mate.

He is retired now (likewise) and I see him in Hartlepool once in a blue moon, he's doing fine. He lives near the Crimdon Lido a couple of miles north of Hartlepool.

Aye

Pat Thompson
Old 5th November 2006, 13:33

Capt.D.Robinson

Good Afternoon Steve, I expect to see Doug before Xmas and will inform him of your inquiry. I have completed two paintings for him, the m/vJalasiltonhall his first ship with W.H. shipping and the m/v Lindenhall his last with the Company which I have just completed and will present to him at our next meeting. Regards Joe.

Last edited by Joe Whelan : 6th November 2006 at 06:37.
Old 13th November 2006, 19:18

Pat, Please send him my regards. I would love to communicate with him I can be e mailed via this site or hopwoods.marshlane@hotmail.co.uk. Good Luck. Steve.
Old 13th November 2006, 19:23

Joe, Thanks for reply. I would love to hear from Doug, Its good to know he's still ok. I am very interested also with what you had to say about paintings. Is this something you do as a trade or is it just a one off. I would love a painting of either of Ardenhall or Lindenhall. Kind Regards.. Steve
Old 15th November 2006, 21:54

Capt Doug Robinson.

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply. Painting in acrylics is a pastime and I will do a painting of either ship for you. Will contact you by e-mail. As previously stated I will let Doug know that you inquired of him and am sure he will contact you. Regards Joe.
Old 2nd December 2006, 20:36

Joe, I would love a picture of both ships and will willing pay the going rate. Let me know the details. Regards Steve
Old 2nd December 2006, 21:31

Capt. Doug. Robinson.

Hi Steve, Will be in contact,Regards Joe.