Former Stewards on SS Chusan 1960 to1962

Chris Thorneycroft
19th February 2015, 15:51
Hello I,m Chris Thorneycroft.My friend and I sailed as Stewards on the SS Chusan.My friend(to this day) recently died after a long struggle with "C".Anyone out there remembering either of us or that era ? If so please post a message. The friend was called Peter Watts he played guitar and was passionate about Blues and Calypso.

borderreiver
19th February 2015, 17:24
My uncle dick James was a qm on board

billyboy
19th February 2015, 21:29
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

hawkey01
20th February 2015, 13:08
Chris,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

R58484956
20th February 2015, 14:28
Greetings Chris and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Pompeyfan
20th February 2015, 14:33
Chris

Welcome aboard.

I had an interview on board Chusan in Southampton Docks, but after your time. I will always remember the date, Friday 13th 1971. P&O took me on. Hopefully, someone will remember Peter. Good luck (Thumb)

ted harrison
20th February 2015, 18:09
Chris, I didn't sail on the Chusan myself but a good friend at the time, Gerrard Godfrey (from Tyneside) did, he was one of the cooks (second cook I think). Did you know him? Ted Harrison

Chris Thorneycroft
21st February 2015, 10:45
Chris, I didn't sail on the Chusan myself but a good friend at the time, Gerrard Godfrey (from Tyneside) did, he was one of the cooks (second cook I think). Did you know him? Ted Harrison

Sorry Ted, can,t say I know your friend. But I do have mixed memories of a geordie Chief cook when I sailed on the British Gull.I was the Messman on this tanker and we were iced in at Umea in Sweden start of 1963.Well I guess he,d got cabin fever (especially as we were a "dry" ship) and he regularly chased me around the galley brandishing a huge carving knife,calling me "cockney b--t--d. The sad thing was I was born in Tamworth but I reckon to him, anyone south of teesside was a londonner. Happy times!!!