Leonard Nimoy

Bill Morrison
27th February 2015, 19:18
Captain's Log star date 27/02/2015, Mr Spock has beamed off to another galaxy. Live long and prosper as he said many times. R.I.P.

cueball44
27th February 2015, 19:28
R.I.P Leonard Nimoy (Mr Spock).

Boatman25
27th February 2015, 19:35
Sad loss, great actor RIP

willincity
27th February 2015, 20:44
Live long and prosper (LLAP)

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

His final tweet apparently. RIP Spock

ben27
27th February 2015, 22:03
good day bill morrison,sm.today.05:18.re:leonard nimoy passed on.great entertainer.may he rest in peace.regards ben27

RayL
27th February 2015, 22:57
It was fun. R.I.P. Leonard.

expats
28th February 2015, 09:34
I liked his character in the early 'Treks'.. However, with the best will in the world, he was hardly a great actor.....

Farewell Mr. Spock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

Twocky61
1st March 2015, 11:01
Does anyone now what Mr Spock's first name was? Was it ever mentioned on Star Trek? Anyway, RIP Leonard

Pat Kennedy
1st March 2015, 14:55
Spock's fist name? It was 'Mister', I thought everyone knew that!
Pat(Thumb)

makko
2nd March 2015, 14:53
This might be of interest! Bloody internet, full of useless data!:

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/spock

Rgds.
Dave

John Rogers
2nd March 2015, 15:22
Does anyone now what Mr Spock's first name was? Was it ever mentioned on Star Trek? Anyway, RIP Leonard

Doctor Benjamin Spock.(Jester)[=P]

Leratty
2nd March 2015, 17:24
Enjoy the journey pointy ears tks for much enjoyment.

montyblue
2nd March 2015, 22:02
He was, and will remain, a sci fi hero. His one regret in life, and it turn him into an alcoholic, was playing Spock there was so much more to the man. RIP Leonard, boldly go where you've never gone before.

frangio
5th March 2015, 13:10
"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

Capt. Kirk in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Huge Star Trek fan and sorry to see one of the great characters from that series go. Spock's character evolved and grew throughout the original TV series, the subsequent films and spin off series. He was even in the new reboot films set in a parallel universe. It took a great actor to grow and evolve with the character he played. RIP Leonard.

Live Long and Prosper!

trotterdotpom
5th March 2015, 13:31
I didn't know Leonard Nimoy was an alcoholic. If that,s the case, at 83, he didn't have a bad run. Wonder if he ever tried Newcastle Brown, aka "Journey into Space". Sorry to hear he's gone.

John T

tiachapman
5th March 2015, 13:34
going where no mans been before alive that is
r i p spock

Twocky61
7th March 2015, 11:22

Thanks John (==D)

billyboy
7th March 2015, 11:52
Theres no more life Captain.....Not as you know it!

trotterdotpom
7th March 2015, 21:24

After ruining a generation with his fruit loop ideas on child rearing, Dr Spock, allegedly announced that he was wrong!

John T

Twocky61
8th March 2015, 09:44
Without clicking the link supplied by Makko who remembers the Enterprise's registration number?

I do but who else?

Ten points to the first one of you who says [=P]

expats
8th March 2015, 11:11
Without clicking the link supplied by Makko who remembers the Enterprise's registration number?

I do but who else?

Do you speak "Klingon", too?

Twocky61
8th March 2015, 11:31
Sadly no Expats [=P]

Orbitaman
8th March 2015, 11:49

I do but who else?

Sadly I do happen to know that Enterprise was NCC-1701(==D)

trotterdotpom
8th March 2015, 12:09
Do you speak "Klingon", too?

http://www.kli.org/tlh/sounds/Heghlu%27meH.au

Mr Spock was a Vulcan, but you can learn Klingon if you want. They'll need interpreters when they get here.

John T

PS the phrase means "today is a good day to die".

montyblue
8th March 2015, 14:22
Sadly I do happen to know that Enterprise was NCC-1701(==D)

Also sadly I know you are not quite right as there were various 'ships' used in different classes so there was also 1701 (B) 1701 (C) and 1701 (D). After that I'll just beam up(Thumb)

Twocky61
8th March 2015, 15:26
Good point MontyBlue :) There was (Thumb)

At the end of Star Trek the movie IV (The Voyage Home) Kirk was demoted from Admiral to captain and his new starship was the NCC 1701 A

Am I (Sad) or what? [=P]

Orbitaman
8th March 2015, 18:55
Also sadly I know you are not quite right as there were various 'ships' used in different classes so there was also 1701 (B) 1701 (C) and 1701 (D). After that I'll just beam up(Thumb)

USS Enterprise NCC-1701 as 'starred' in the original television series had no suffix and is therefore really the only one that matters!

LLAP(Thumb)

Rodney
8th March 2015, 20:51
I know it's warp-speed away from Spock, but...

In the mid 1970s I was Food and Beverage Director of a large convention hotel adjacent to Los Angeles International Airport. The annual Star Treck convention convened. I, being a "treckie," had a great time watching re-runs, attending panel discussions etc.. Ninety per cent of the attendees were either dressed in their interpretation of "intelligent life from a galaxy near them," or they were dressed "hippy style" and having heaps of fun.

I had written three screen plays and sold options on two. A couple of screen writer friends were attending and introduced me to Gene Roddenberry, writer and producer of the Star Treck original series. We all ended up in the bar, and the talk was about movie writing, and I was eating it up with a spoon. G.R. sent me a hand written note.

Rodney,

Don't worry about enriching the nations literature...take the advance and run.

(Signed) Gene Roddenberry.

A couple of years later the Star Treck convention returned to L.A., but this time held at a rival hotel. I talked my wife into attending, being no "treckie" she reluctantly agreed. Out came my tie-dyed shirt and raggedy jeans, again I talked her into "getting with-it," and the pair of us walked into the hotel's ballroom like we had fell off a star ship....Except everybody this year was dressed in normal garb. To say my former wife was pished would be putting it mildly, and no that was not the cause of the divorce but probably a contributing factor.

Rest well Mr. Spock, you gave me much pleasure.

Cheers, Rodney (and still a treckie.)

montyblue
9th March 2015, 17:14
USS Enterprise NCC-1701 as 'starred' in the original television series had no suffix and is therefore really the only one that matters!

LLAP(Thumb)

The fact that some got blown to smithereens counts in my antiquated trekkie world(==D)(==D)