iris queen

WEBSTER JOHN
23rd February 2007, 00:45
i was in the merchant navy in 1975-76 the ship i was on was called the iris queen she was a reefer of the flower class I F R they had a fruit class and snow class such as fruit class cantelope snow class was the snowdrop also the clipper boats such as Edinburgh clipper Glasgow clipper etc. if anybody knows anything about these ships or happened to be on them i would like to hear from you john webster

non descript
23rd February 2007, 08:10
John, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and I hope you find the information you are looking for on the Iris Queen ; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

ps. we can always move this thread across to Ship Research later on, if it does not get the hits you need.

R58484956
23rd February 2007, 09:23
Greetings and welcome John from the south of England thanks for signing on and enjoy the site and all that goes with it. Bon voyage.

benjidog
23rd February 2007, 10:26
Hi John - welcome and welcome to SN.

I hope you enjoy the site - there is a lot to see here.

Regards,

Brian

flyer682
23rd February 2007, 10:44
Welcome aboard John.
If memory serves me right all four of the big ones (IRIS QUEEN being one) ended up in the Cunard fleet, along with four of the "Clippers" and two mid-sized ones when Maritime Carriers went belly-up.
They also ended up being seen in a film called "Letter To Brezhnev" while laid up at Birkenhead.

Gulpers
23rd February 2007, 16:50
John,

......and a warm welcome to the site from me on Anglesey too!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

WEBSTER JOHN
23rd February 2007, 20:53
John, A warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and I hope you find the information you are looking for on the Iris Queen ; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

ps. we can always move this thread across to Ship Research later on, if it does not get the hits you need.

thanks i woud very much appreciate that.

WEBSTER JOHN
23rd February 2007, 21:00
Welcome aboard John.
If memory serves me right all four of the big ones (IRIS QUEEN being one) ended up in the Cunard fleet, along with four of the "Clippers" and two mid-sized ones when Maritime Carriers went belly-up.
They also ended up being seen in a film called "Letter To Brezhnev" while laid up at Birkenhead.

thanks very much for your info. i would love to be able to get in contact with anyone that was on the ship at the time i was on it john

ixion
7th March 2007, 20:42
When MFC collapsed the sisters Iris Queen, Orchidea , Chrysanthema, Gladiola were laid up in the River Blackwater in Essex pending sale to Cunard. If anyone has pictures of them in the Blackwater would be pleased to see.