Twocky61
12th March 2015, 17:39
News to me too - RIP Terry

cueball44
12th March 2015, 18:00
R.I.P Terry Pratchett.

Farmer John
12th March 2015, 18:25
A great writer, with a wonderful twist on so much of life.

Tmac1720
12th March 2015, 18:30
very young relatively speaking to struggle with Alzheimer's, great writer and will be missed by his many fans.

Dickyboy
12th March 2015, 19:26
I never read any of his books, but he came across as a good honest straightforward man without any airs and graces. RIP

willincity
12th March 2015, 19:35
Very sad. One of the most creative and clever writers in a very long time. RIP from a fan

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.Ē

Brilliant.

His personality defined his books. I had to look this up but I loved this passage from the intro to the first book in the Discworld series:

IF I HAD A PENNY for every time someone asked me where I got the idea of the Discworld, Iíd haveóhang on a momentó£4.67.
Anyway, the answer is that it was lying around and didnít look as though it belonged to anyone.
The world rides through space on the back of a turtle. Itís one of the great ancient myths, found wherever men and turtles were gathered together; the four elephants were an Indo-European sophistication. The idea has been lying in the lumber rooms of legend for centuries. All I had to do was grab it and run away before the alarms went off.

expats
12th March 2015, 22:41
I love his books...Read them again and again; each time you find a nuance that you missed last time around....

ben27
12th March 2015, 23:11
terry pratchett,rest in peace,my condolences to his family.regards ben27

Split
13th March 2015, 16:40
I love his books...Read them again and again; each time you find a nuance that you missed last time around....

I have never fancied reading his books, but will have to get one from the library. Maybe I am missing a treat.

RIP.

nhp651
14th March 2015, 22:36
I also have never read any of his books, but my condolence to his family........My mum died from the disgusting disease 10 years ago, and to see a once vibrant, hot tempered redhead be reduced to a gibbering wreck of a person just saddened me in thinking that how could she end her days in such a degrading manner..........my heart felt thoughts and prayers go to his family and those fans who will miss a beautiful person, just as I miss my mum..........but they are at peace unlike those that he has left behind.......god bless them all.
RIP Terry.........you are at least amongst some good people now. neil

amble
15th March 2015, 07:18
may he rest in haven

DougW
31st March 2015, 21:36
I have never fancied reading his books, but will have to get one from the library. Maybe I am missing a treat.

RIP.

You really should give them a go. I normally take my finished books to the charity shop but I have read all the discworld novels and kept every one. I am halfway through his last one 'Raising Steam' written last year and as good as any of the others. My favourite characters in discworld are the Nac Macfeegles, laugh out loud stuff. RIP Sir Terry.

Doug