pongo

pongosgrandson
6th March 2007, 17:48
i am pongos grandson and would like to know any storys about him and would love to keep his memory alive sadly he passed away 13 months ago but to that day he never stoped talking about his memories at see

non descript
6th March 2007, 18:35
Pongosgrandson, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

benjidog
6th March 2007, 20:11
Welcome to SN Pongo III,

I guess with a nickname like that, it is not likely that anyone here would mistake him - unless the nickname was more common than I thought.

I wish you well in your search. If you don't get any joy I suggest you add a bit more detail about your grandfather like his real name and, if you know it, which ships he served on or company he worked for.

Enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

RayJordandpo
6th March 2007, 20:43
If it is Pongo ex tug skipper with United Towing I remember him very well. I was mate with him on various UTC tugs. He was a truely outstanding seaman and a good laugh to boot. I could write a book on the escapades and exploits of those salvage and deep sea tugmen and believe me Pongo would feature prominently. A one off and a very sad day when he crossed the bar.
Ray Jordan

R58484956
7th March 2007, 10:23
Greetings pongosgrandson and welcome, we wish you luck with your question, enjoy the site. Bon voyage.

billyboy
7th March 2007, 10:56
welcome aboard from the philippines Pongosgrandson. enjoy all this great site has to offer mate. And, i wish you well in your quest for more information.

pongosgrandson
7th March 2007, 19:56
thankyou for the reply its good to know people knew and cared for him. if you actualy sale with him and ifso what sort of mischief did you get up to

RayJordandpo
7th March 2007, 21:20
thankyou for the reply its good to know people knew and cared for him. if you actualy sale with him and ifso what sort of mischief did you get up to

Adam see my private message concerning your Grandad

pongosgrandson
8th March 2007, 17:20
pongo's real name was len rood , he worked for united towing and sailed on englishman, scotsman, tradesman, foreman and many more

tanker
8th March 2007, 21:17
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp