Grimsby Seine Netter Mutiny 1960's

suella
31st March 2015, 23:47
Hello Forum,
I am hopeful that perhaps a reader or two on this site may be able to recall an incident that took place late in the 1960's probably 1967-1969.
A seine netter leaves Grimsby with Skipper and two others, the weather is bad and the boat pulls into Scarborough. The Skipper has a friend there so goes ashore for several nights, however the weather clears and is good for fishing so the other two who are now tired of waiting for the skipper to return take the boat and head back to Grimsby, they are greeted at the dock by police who charge both men with mutiny. One of the men John Allen from Cleethorpes, was my husbands brother and he died some years ago. My husband attended the trial to support his brother and both men were fined but not incarcerated. We would like to try and get the newspaper cutting about the whole affair or make contact with anyone that knew of this incident, the name of the Seine Netter, and exactly when it took place .
All the best to everyone - in anticipation
Sue

billyboy
1st April 2015, 03:28
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Pompeyfan
1st April 2015, 07:24
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Sue.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

R58484956
1st April 2015, 16:16
Greetings Sue and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

James_C
2nd April 2015, 13:11
Sue,
Welcome to the site. It would probably be worthwhile to post a message in the dedicated fishing forum on the site.
You can find it half way down the forums page, or more directly here: https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=354