deerwaring

deerwaring
14th March 2007, 03:22
Gave shipping out away years ago but it never lets go. Being young and impetuous, didn't take many photos- too many distractions in port. Looking for pics of the following Norskies. SS Bitten (Old three island strait-stemmer triple expansion steam and all! in North Sea Trade July '62, MV Cresco, big modern dry cargo vessel, wheat fron Newport News/Lisbon, and MV Reina, ex German Raider taken as war prize. We were paid off her in Liverpool where she was arrested in April '62. Also MT Hoegh Shield, Leif Hoegh tanker.(There were the Hoegh Sword and Spear, sisterships I think) I have a few pics of that era, MV Tautra, Cunard Lakes Service (Joe Beefs bar, Montreal!) MV North Star - Jamaica banana boat, MT Thorsoy, and first Thorensen Car ferries, MV Viking 1 & 2 in 1964. Look forward to signals from other ex Norskie manskapp.

Gulpers
14th March 2007, 05:44
deerwaring,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership.
I am sure someone will be able to help with your query before too long.(Thumb)

benjidog
14th March 2007, 10:05
Welcome from the North of England.

I hope someone will have the photos you are seeking. In the meanwhile I suggest you take a good look around the site and I am sure you will find plenty of interest.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
14th March 2007, 12:20
Greetings deerwaring from the south of England. Enjoy the site. Bon voyage.

thunderd
14th March 2007, 12:38
Good to have you aboard DW, I hope you enjoy the site and good luck with your search.

mastermariner
14th October 2009, 10:57
I can see you last post here was in April 2007. I am a bit late but I shall try to get you a pic of "Hoegh Shield" where I serverd as a 1st Officer back in 1974.

billyboy
14th October 2009, 23:01
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

deerwaring
28th November 2016, 20:10
I can see you last post here was in April 2007. I am a bit late but I shall try to get you a pic of "Hoegh Shield" where I serverd as a 1st Officer back in 1974.
Abject apologies for late response. I have found pics of the Hoegh Shield and quite a few of the crew when we did a tour in Karachi in October . There is one I was on articles August '61 to March '62. I recall the Master was a Capt Andrassen.(Andreassen?)