Sad News

Angus Murray
6th April 2015, 21:08
Sorry to relate the sad news that my old shipmate and friend of Crinan days, Donald Campbell, passed away in hospital at Aberdeen on Saturday. Donald was recovering from major surgery the previous Tuesday, and making a good recovery, but unfortunately suffered a relapse from which he did not recover.
A frequent contributor to SN Denholm Forum (DC Marine), a true gentleman, without guile, and a friend to many!
His funeral is expected to take place at his birthplace of Portnalong (Skye) next Thursday.

ben27
6th April 2015, 23:16
good day angus murray,today.06:08.re:sad news.DONALD CAMBELL,PASSED AWAY.MAY HE REST IN PEACE.regards ben27

billyboy
7th April 2015, 00:22
RIP shipmate. Condolences to his family.

ChasH
7th April 2015, 00:47
Hi Angus, sorry to hear about your shipmate, respects to him and his family, hope you are well.
chas

donald murray
7th April 2015, 15:18
It is with deep regret that I learned of Donald Campbell's death. Angus (Murray) phoned me last night with the tragic news. Donald, Angus and myself were in the same intake on the "Crinan" 28th July 1964. We paid off in Port Talbot 19th January 1965 and I never saw Donald again and lost touch with him completely. He got in touch with me earlier this year and started exchanging e-mails, the last one was on the 26th March letting me know he was going for major surgery. Sadly he never recovered. Donald was a great shipmate, a genuine man, one of the best
Sending my deepest sympathies to the whole family at this sad time.
Donald Murray
(Isle of Lewis)

tiachapman
7th April 2015, 17:04
R I P

muldonaich
7th April 2015, 18:12
Sorry to hear of Donald's passing may he rest in peace kev.

roddy
10th April 2015, 19:07
Used to see Donald quite often when I lived in Aberdeen and have had an intermittent email correspondence since I moved on.
As said on previous posts a true gentleman and an example to many

Rest in Peace

Calsatch
24th April 2015, 13:25
In common with Angus and Donald, I knew DJ of old, he even relieved me on the Troll River, very sad today I've seen 3 schoolmates pass away in the week, one of whom was also a seafarer Roddy MacSween. I was also in school with DJ.
We have to be thankful for what we have. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

Coastie
24th April 2015, 14:08
R.I.P. and condolences to his Family.

Angus Murray
24th April 2015, 15:00
Sad to hear that Roddy Macsween passed away on the 19th April. According to the press notice , this was after a long illness of Pulmonary Fibrosis. I believe he was E.D.Macgregor's brother in law. I receive a Xmas card from E.D. every year - in his eighties but doing ok, living in Milngavie.

In common with Angus and Donald, I knew DJ of old, he even relieved me on the Troll River, very sad today I've seen 3 schoolmates pass away in the week, one of whom was also a seafarer Roddy MacSween. I was also in school with DJ.
We have to be thankful for what we have. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

randcmackenzie
24th April 2015, 23:10
Sad to hear that Roddy Macsween passed away on the 19th April. According to the press notice , this was after a long illness of Pulmonary Fibrosis. I believe he was E.D.Macgregor's brother in law. I receive a Xmas card from E.D. every year - in his eighties but doing ok, living in Milngavie.

Hello Angus.

No, that is White Roddy, Black Roddy's second cousin.

I'd never met him before, but saw him today at the funeral in Broadford, and asked him. E.D. is married to White Roddy's sister.

I believe the White and Black appellation was applied when they both worked at Kishorn.

All the Best,

Roddie.

John Cassels
25th April 2015, 09:13
Correct Roddie , Kishorn marine dept coined nicknames to indicate which
of the Roddies were ob duty.

Angus Murray
25th April 2015, 10:13
Roddy
Thanks for that - was not aware of the distinction.

Angus

Hello Angus.

No, that is White Roddy, Black Roddy's second cousin.

I'd never met him before, but saw him today at the funeral in Broadford, and asked him. E.D. is married to White Roddy's sister.

I believe the White and Black appellation was applied when they both worked at Kishorn.

All the Best,

Roddie.

Hugh MacLean
25th April 2015, 13:06
Thank you Angus for bringing this sad news to our attention. I never knew DJ personally but we had many things in common through this site and regularly corresponded via emails.

My condolences to all his family and friends. RIP.

Regards
Hugh