New shipsnostalgia member

Wellsy
22nd March 2007, 11:37
Hi there.

I have just joined and would like to say "Hi" to you all. It's cool to be piped aboard.

My ancestry is in a large way nautical and I have an interest in New Zealand 19th century immigration and shipping. One of my immediate wishes is to find out about the barque Agamemnon which left London in a 1872 in a very "leaky" condition and, after putting in at Rio di Janeiro, was eventually condemned at Cape Town. I know all about her before her condemnation but would like to find out what happened to her in Cape Town when she was condemned and brken up.

I also write stories with a historical Wellington "bent" which includes stories such as the "Merchant Navy", "Pamir" and the "Arctic Convoys" if anyone would like to read them.

Best reagrds to you all.

Peter Wells
Titahi Bay
New Zealand

R58484956
22nd March 2007, 12:30
Greetings and a warm welcome Peter from the south of England, you will enjoy many hours of comment and banter from the members who all have a love of ships and sea nostalgia. Bon voyage.

gdynia
22nd March 2007, 16:16
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

Gulpers
22nd March 2007, 17:03
Peter,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
22nd March 2007, 18:47
Welcome to SN.

I am sure you will enjoy the site and maybe get some ideas for future stories.

Regards,

Brian

thunderd
22nd March 2007, 23:35
Good to have you aboard Peter, you'll find a wealth of information on this site and I hope you enjoy it.

Brian Twyman
23rd March 2007, 10:11
Hi Peter, always good to see another Kiwi onboard ...look forward to reading your books.
Brian