Hello!

Shaun_Donnelly
25th March 2007, 02:28
Hi,

Had a quick look around and I'm impressed with the site, well done!

Now for a little about my background; went to Gravesend in '76, first trip with Panocean Anco aboard 'MV Post Endeavour' as junior ops, followed by a season on BR's Caesarea, then a spell with Palm Line.

My career then focused on ferries out of Dover, FEI, II, III, VIII, European Enterprise, Pride Of Free Enterprise, Pride Of Bruges (same ship, different era), Pride Of Calais (10+yrs), Northern Merchant.

Employed predominently as a Quartermaster on all of the above ferries.

Been ashore for a couple of years now but looking to resume my seagoing career as soon as I can find something that suits me.

I have a large collection of interesting photographs, including the evolution of ferries running out of Folkestone and Dover, as well as photo's of the ports themselves. I'll scan and upload them as soon as I have the time.

I've recognised a couple of members so far, Dave Knight who I sailed with for quite a few years on P&O and also Christopher Ryan who, if it is the same person, I sailed with on Ilesha Palm in 1978.

Anyway, I sign off by saying 'Bon Voyage' to those members still at sea and a 'safe & calm berth' to those who have retired!

Shaun (Pint)

gdynia
25th March 2007, 07:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

thunderd
25th March 2007, 11:06
Shaun what a great introduction. Welcome to the site, we look forward to your posts and photos.

Gulpers
25th March 2007, 11:09
Shaun,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

R58484956
25th March 2007, 15:20
Greetings Shaun and welcome, at least you have a chance to go back to sea,whereas most of us can only dream of going back but at least we have our memories. Bon voyage.

benjidog
25th March 2007, 20:34
Welcome to SN Shaun.

I am glad that you have met up with some old friends and that you enjoy what you have seen so far.

We look forward to your photos and other contributions.

Regards,

Brian

rstimaru
26th March 2007, 15:33
Shaun welcome to the site site you will find many old hands and some youngsters who will be like old moores when it comes to ships and shiping