Greetings!

Mike Kemble
5th April 2007, 20:29
I am ex - Army. My only sea faring exploits have been Larne - Stranraer, Belfast - Liverpool, River Mersey Ferries and the boat to Zeebrugge both ways!! So, why am I here?

I am here to pick your brains. As a hobby I do WW2 research and frequently get asked questions about this ship or that ship. But, firstly, I want to ask about something recently discovered in my own family, which I will do in the correct (I hope) section. I have published online a large amount of detail on WW2, and its mostly maritime. Those forgotten heroes of the MN in the longest Battle in history, the Battle of the Atlantic, and others.

benjidog
5th April 2007, 22:32
Welcome to SN from Lancashire Mike.

Not everyone on the site has actually served in the MN so don't worry on that score. If you are interested in ships and the sea that is good enough!

We look forward to your contributions to the site and hope you enjoy your time here. Watch out though as it is addictive.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
5th April 2007, 23:07
Mike, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

thunderd
6th April 2007, 00:00
Hello Mike from Tasmania and a warm welcome to the site

gdynia
6th April 2007, 05:28
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
6th April 2007, 19:26
Greetings Mike and a warm welcome to the site. Most of us on here left the sea years ago but our minds are still there. Plenty of maritime expertise on here also. Bon voyage.