Hello To any Ex Blue Star People!!!

rayward
9th April 2007, 15:58
Any Blue Star Crew out there from the late 60's to Mid 80's???

Rob Randle
9th April 2007, 18:06
Hi Ray,
I joined Blue Star in 1963 as a deck cadet and came ashore after reaching the dizzy heights of 4/0.(I made some stupid decisions in my youth!)I sailed in the following ships, Hobart, Rockhampton, Newcastle, Canberra, Wellington and Caledonia Stars.Maybe we have some ship mates in common.
In retrospect the 50's and early 60's was a great time to go away to sea, before containerisation and short tournarounds. We had some great times in Blue Star especially running down to Aus and NZ , great runs ashore five O'clock knock offs and most weekends free on the coast. Sailed with some great shipmates and the "Star boats" I sailed in were well found and maintained and good feeders.I think we thought it would last forever but the writing was on the wall even then.Are there any more Blue Star shipmates out there, or any Shipmates from my time on the "Conway" (1960-63) Rob Randle aka Robbie & Henry(Blue Star) Bubble(Conway)

R58484956
9th April 2007, 18:48
Greetings Rayward and a warm welcome to the site, quite a few ex BSL lads on site. I trust you know of the BSL site at http://www.bluestarline.org another excellent site. Enjoy what you see and bon voyage.

LEEJ
9th April 2007, 18:48
Welcome Ray,
there are quite a few ex-Blue Star out there. I was with them from 80 to 86 as AB. Still in touch with alot.

benjidog
9th April 2007, 22:34
Welcome to SN Ray.

I hope you meet up with some of your old friends. In any case enjoy the site - there is plenty to see here and lots of lively discussions.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
10th April 2007, 04:02
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

beejay
10th April 2007, 09:43
Welcome Ray,
I was an engineer with Blue Star from the early to late 60s
Possibly some of the best years to be in the MN.

Regards,Brian.

Bruce Carson
18th March 2008, 17:56
From Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Ray.
Make yourself at home and enjoy all that we have to offer.

Bruce

Bridie
18th March 2008, 21:18
I was a cadet with Blue Star from 1963 to 1965. Unlike Rob I did not leave volunerily. I was "asked" to leave(EEK)

If you click on my username and profile (Bridie) you will see a list of the ships and dates.

Gulpers
18th March 2008, 23:38
Ray,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

19th March 2008, 01:11
This has been posted on Merchant Navy Site,and i am wondering if anyone here can assist with this.
If anyone can then please go to http://www.voy.com/208979/ and post a reply,i am sure it would be appreciated.
THANKS
joller6

I'm looking for any old colleagues of Harry Davis who served on Blue Star Line for a number of years from the 50's to the late 60's. Harry last served on the Wellington Star before retiring, Harry was born in Nottingham. Harry will be 80 on 16th April 2008 and it would be great for any of his old shipmates to come along and surprise him.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Paul Burt (Harry's neighbour)

adrianvare
6th March 2009, 19:01
Was on Wellington Star for 2 trips in 1969

rstimaru
7th March 2009, 13:41
I was on the Calafornia Star in the 60,s with a guy called Colin Rippendale Bob

bert thompson
7th March 2009, 15:22
Welcome and sure you will locate old friends on this wonderful site
Best wishes
Bert.

shaggy
13th March 2009, 01:43
Ray was you the messman on ACT1 xmas 79. I was on there with my wife Karen?

TonyAllen
13th March 2009, 16:48
Hello I was on the Catalina star july to nov 1960 Captain name was bowden cook was Norman totty 2n cook Tommy bleasedale ab Joey blease Tony Allen