Christopher Lee & Ron Moody RIP

willincity
11th June 2015, 14:20
Sad times,
Ron Moody &. Christopher Lee two more memorable actors from my younger years have stepped behind the curtain after their final act

Ron Moody, who played Fagin in the musical Oliver! he was 91.

Christopher Lee He was in some good movies and some poor ones, but when we think of an image of Dracula, it tends to be that Christopher Lee who we think of.
He scared the (rap out of me as kid.

may they both RIP

frangio
11th June 2015, 14:47
Sad news indeed. They both had a good innings though. RIP to both.

I am writing this at work at Culzean - the home of Lord Summerisle in the original Wicker Man!

rickles23
11th June 2015, 14:52
Hi,

Two fine actors! RIP both.

Regards

cueball44
11th June 2015, 15:27
Both very good actors. RIP Sir Christopher Lee & Ron Moody. The small part Sir Christopher Lee played in "The Battle of the River Plate" must have been one of his worst parts.

Varley
11th June 2015, 18:21
Both very good actors. RIP Sir Christopher Lee & Ron Moody. The small part Sir Christopher Lee played in "The Battle of the River Plate" must have been one of his worst parts.

You wretch! I am now going to have to play it again now as I cannot remember him in it at all.

stevekelly10
11th June 2015, 18:47
I hope they don't use a wooden stake to make sure Christopher Lee is actually dead ! :rolleyes:

cueball44
11th June 2015, 18:58
You wretch! I am now going to have to play it again now as I cannot remember him in it at all.You will find him in the café/bar.

Bill Morrison
11th June 2015, 20:08
Worrying Times. Four in a week, Richard Johnson, James Last now Ron Moody and Christopher Lee. As the Gaelic Rock Band, Run Rig song goes The Old Boys are all leaving, leaving one by one. Great song but oh how true!

Pat Kennedy
11th June 2015, 21:06
Coincidentally I watched an episode of Last of the Summer Wine yesterday which had Ron Moody guest starring as Lt Commander Willoughby RN (Retd), who was a well spoken con man selling maps to the location of a buried pirate's treasure in deepest Yorkshire.
He was brilliant.

As for Christopher Lee, I think his Saruman in Lord of the Rings was a stunning performance.
RIP
both will be sadly missed

cueball44
11th June 2015, 21:17
You will find him in the café/bar.He played the part of MANOLO, bar owner in Montevideo Harbour.

trotterdotpom
12th June 2015, 06:29
Christopher Lee was some sort of secret agent during WW2 but they don't seem to want to mention that. I think he turned into a bat and flew into occupied France.

John T

A.D.FROST
12th June 2015, 07:24
Fangs for the memories

Leratty
12th June 2015, 09:30
Varley I too don't recall him in Battle of River Plate so shall look it up.

When I was a young lad taking a 1/2 day from the booze I went to visit Capt. Langsdorf's grave in B.A. as I was an & still am an admirer of his. Still recall the Graff Spees boilers on the break water in Monti. Gone now.

Dickyboy
12th June 2015, 12:12
RIP to them both. Both A1 actors, and Ron Moody played an excellent Fagan, though the film "Oliver Twist" did cause quite a stir over the alleged anti sematic portrayal of Fagan. Always the sign of a great actor, when they get negative comments. :)

expats
13th June 2015, 07:05
Always the sign of a great actor, when they get negative comments. :)

I don't know; Dick Van Dyke's 'cockney' chimney sweep gets lots of negative comments and he was never a great actor...

Christopher Lee was always my Mr "Hammer" memory....Amazing to think that these things carried an 'X' cert and now a kiddies 'Doctor Who' is far scarier...

Ron Moody was offered the part of 'Doctor Who'.........I went to see 'Oliver' a few weeks ago and the song "I'm reviewing the situation" reminded me that Moody will always be 'my' Fagin...

trotterdotpom
13th June 2015, 07:40
Probably Gay Lib will want Fagin's name changed next.

My favourite in the Hammer Films was Hazel Court - what a glamour and what a cleavage! I think they may have popped out in "Premature Buriel". Maybe that's wishful thinking. Oh well, back to "National Geographic".

John T

ALAN TYLER
13th June 2015, 12:38
Two great actors, Ron Moodys Fagin was the best ever, R.I.P.

Coastie
15th June 2015, 00:04
Probably Gay Lib will want Fagin's name changed next.John T

What WOULD they say about the Welsh Museum of St FAGan'S?(Jester)

Coastie
15th June 2015, 00:10
Christopher Lee sings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9AwNFFiiw