Bruce Says Hallo

Bruce Buchanan
5th May 2007, 22:34
Hi All,
My experience of working at sea was when I joined my father and uncle on a 40 foot inshore fishing boat on leaving school at 15 years of age. Our home port was Port Seton a small fishing village 10 miles east of Edinburgh Scotland. The boat was a fifie called Myrtle LH24 and we fished mainly in the Firth of Forth,Firth of Clyde and on the East coast from St Abbs Head down to North Shields Northumberland. This was the 1960s and I worked on the boat for about 8 years. I keep my memories of the fishing with my hobbies of building model fishing boats and sailing on the Scotish Fisheries Museum boat REAPER. Bruce Buchanan

fred henderson
6th May 2007, 00:27
A warm welcome Bruce. I am sure that you will soon feel at home amongst the very friendly fishing community on the site and your views onn all other maritime topics will be most welcome.

Fred(Thumb)

thunderd
6th May 2007, 00:52
Great introduction Bruce and a warm welcome to the site from me too.

non descript
6th May 2007, 09:29
Bruce, a good introduction, well done and a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

gdynia
6th May 2007, 11:27
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
6th May 2007, 13:37
Greetings Bruce from a member in the south of England. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

Steve Hodges
6th May 2007, 15:58
Hello Bruce,
Welcome to the site, which you will soon find is horribly addictive! A request for you - next time you are out sailing on "Reaper", please take some photos and post them in the Gallery. Looking forward to your postings
Regards
Steve

Bruce Buchanan
6th May 2007, 18:15
Steve,
Thanks, The next time I'm out on the REAPER I will take me photos and post them. Have you been on board the Reaper? Bruce B.

benjidog
6th May 2007, 20:18
Welcome from Lancashire.

I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian