Hull & Humber

spiv5002
19th May 2007, 21:54
Just to say Hello,
I Joined this sight today & have many happy memories of sailing with my Father onboard the Barge Robert P.Rishworth. We sailed the Humber, Trent & Ouse and also the Aire and Calder Canal during 60's & 70's.

I was drawn to this sight after seeing a photo of the John M Rishworth (Steam Packet)which my Father Harold Gardiner (Skipper) & brother Stanley Gardiner (Engineer)worked aboard for many years.

Anne M Rishworth the sister ship to Robert P Rishworth was skippered by my uncle.(Walter Gardiner.)

Anne M & Robert P Rishworth were both built at Scarrs Howden Dyke Shipyard .My Father & Uncle went to them straight after them being launched.

non descript
19th May 2007, 23:15
Spiv, a warm welcome to you. A most interesting inital posting, well done. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

K urgess
19th May 2007, 23:22
Welcome onboard, Spiv.
Come and join the motley crew.[=P]
Kris

benjidog
20th May 2007, 00:29
Welcome to SN from Lancashire.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

thunderd
20th May 2007, 00:51
Welcome from Tasmania Spiv, I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

gdynia
20th May 2007, 04:28
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Gulpers
20th May 2007, 14:37
Spiv,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
20th May 2007, 19:07
Greetings spiv5002 and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

vectiscol
20th May 2007, 21:38
Welcome. I'll have to look for the photographs of the barges.

sam2182sw
21st May 2007, 20:06
have you any photo of the barge if so can you post them sam

Steve Woodward
21st May 2007, 21:41
Welcome Spiv,
I had the good fortune of Knowing one of the last owners of the John M Rishworth, she had been converted from a motor barge into a rather splendid barge houseboat and I brought her back from France and took her up the Thames to St Katherines dock, she was a splendid old girl, handled like a dream.
Enjoy SN it's a great website full of like minded ship buffs, I too would like to see more Pics of the Rishworth fleet
Rgds
Steve W