Hello to everyone

vealy123
23rd May 2007, 20:56
Hi, My name is Andy. I am interested in any information on the SS Duke of Lancaster which is now ' grounded ' in the river Dee at Mostyn, North Wales. My uncle, Jack ( John ) Irwin was the captain of the vessel for a number of years. Any stories, photos etc., would be much apprieciated. Regards Andy.

non descript
23rd May 2007, 21:09
Andy, a warm welcome to you and good luck with your project. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings, including news of the Duke of Lancaster . Bon Voyage

benjidog
23rd May 2007, 22:25
Welcome to SN Andy.

I hope you enjoy the site.

You will find a wealth of information about SS Duke of Lancaster by using the Google search engine and entering "duke of lancaster" ship.

For example just one hit is the Wikipaedia site (which needs to be used with caution as it is not always accurate) at this URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Lancaster_(ship) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Lancaster_(ship))

Regards.

Brian

gdynia
24th May 2007, 03:48
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

Gulpers
24th May 2007, 12:32
Andy,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership.

Duke of Lancaster has been the subject of a few threads on SN too. If you use the search facility on the toolbar at the top of the page you should find some information.

Duke of Lancaster - example 1 (www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=5986&highlight=duke+lancaster)

Duke of Lancaster - example 2 (www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=9209&highlight=duke+lancaster)

(Thumb)

roachy
25th May 2007, 21:22
Hello there Andy, I sailed an the Duke of Lancaster back in 75 as a catering boy after leaving school, My father Bill Roach was Bosun on her then,she was a very happy ship sailing from Holyhead to Ireland. I have many a fond memory of her and,see her berthed there doesnt do her any justice, she would sail in any weather, Happy times.
All the Best andy and welcome.

R58484956
26th May 2007, 10:42
Greeting Andy and welcome to SN. Enjoy the site. Bon voyage.